All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
You don't understand why a plug and play 3 year starter and captain at a Big Ten East school would be highly sought after?

He isnt great.

He started on 3 average to below average teams and never made any level of all conference.

He would be a good addition for a program like ISU. I have doubts that he would see the field at schools like ND or LSU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He isnt great.

He started on 3 average to below average teams and never made any level of all conference.

He would be a good addition for a program like ISU. I have doubts that he would see the field at schools like ND or LSU.

So why would Notre Dame or LSU go after a kid that wouldn't see the field?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Let me know if and when they offer him a spot.

He has a better resume going into his senior year than JGJ who ended up being first team All Conference his last year. JGJ could have went anywhere he wanted if he transferred which was rumored at one point

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
All I know is that ISU needs experience at tackle. All signs currently point to a RS Sophomore and RS Freshman at the tackle spots.

Not worried about guard/center. We’re in good shape there.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
All I know is that ISU needs experience at tackle. All signs currently point to a RS Sophomore and RS Freshman at the tackle spots.

Not worried about guard/center. We’re in good shape there.

How can you be not worried about any spot on the ISU OL?

I assume the chances of Foster earning a spot at OT have pretty much sailed?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
How can you be not worried about any spot on the ISU OL?

I assume the chances of Foster earning a spot at OT have pretty much sailed?
Why would I be worried about ISU’s interior OL? Downing and Newell are good players, and Rob Hudson is more than capable of stepping in at guard.

It is the tackles that I am worried about and rightfully so. Talented, but inexperienced.

I don’t know on Foster, but I assume he won’t be starting in 2020.

• Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: CyTwins and HawkJRP

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Update on Cronk. Courtesy of @Ben Berg

If his new twitter followers are any indication, it looks as if he's being targeted (or at least looked at) by coaches from: Illinois, Alabama, USC, Michigan, Baylor, Florida State, Oklahoma State, Mizzou, Iowa, K-State, Northwestern, Texas, Auburn, and a slew of other P5 schools. He certainly won't be short on options.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Update on Cronk. Courtesy of @Ben Berg

If his new twitter followers are any indication, it looks as if he's being targeted (or at least looked at) by coaches from: Illinois, Alabama, USC, Michigan, Baylor, Florida State, Oklahoma State, Mizzou, Iowa, K-State, Northwestern, Texas, Auburn, and a slew of other P5 schools. He certainly won't be short on options.

No ISU?