Does anybody know of a good locksmith in the area?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
A new handle/lock is a super easy install, you can do it. 15 min and a screwdriver and you are done.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
If it's sticking it may just be sagging. Take a board and make a little lever with something small and use it to push up on the door as it's open from the bottom. Take the screws out of the hinge corresponding to where the door is sticking. Drill a 3 inch screw into the door jam (wood behind the hinge) drill it in all the way and if it's sagging it will pull the door over some.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I know. The only reason I asked was because cylindrical locksets are fairly straight forward. And outside of the tumbler it should not require a locksmith.
Well considering how many times I've asked for specifics and even offered to give Chris help he has probably already addressed the issue.

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
5530084-21.jpg
You want to use a dry lubricant. WD-40 or other wet lubricants will attract dust and eventually gum up your lock. You may need to clean your lock first, but for a lubricant, something like this might be better:

Lock-DRY-LUBE-25-oz-spraY-can-lubricant.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I’ve tried to use this door at CW’s house and I can promise you this is a problem for a professional and probably not one CW can fix with a trip to Home Depot.

I appreciate you guys from a sports standpoint, but there's literally no door lock issues that can't be fixed with a trip to home depot and a screwdriver. Maybe a chisel/drill.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Better than last year. The really cold winter and cheap China quality metal snapped my wife's key off in the lock. Never could get it out and had to put a new cylinder in the thing.

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
Better than last year. The really cold winter and cheap China quality metal snapped my wife's key off in the lock. Never could get it out and had to put a new cylinder in the thing.
The right door handle on my Escalade broke loose at one end. The ice last week may have been partly to blame. When it warms up I might see if I can fix it myself without having to order a new handle.