Weather Thread - 1/16 to 1/18

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Plow cleared our street around 8 pm last. I went out and cleared the end of our driveway then along with doing 3 other driveways. Wind was still out of the south but not to bad compared to earlier in the afternoon.

Snowblower died, it just needed a mixed drink of 50:1.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Snowblower died, it just needed a mixed drink of 50:1.

FakjrfA.gif

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
6 inches of snow with a tenth an inch of ice on top of it in Monticello. The lawn tractor plow could barely handle to get it pushed out of the way

• Informative
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I debated it, but I'm glad I cleared my driveway last night around 9 or so. CR got about 4.5 inches but not much freezing rain. Just enough to keep the snow in place, so very little blowing right now.

Reactions: Scott34

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I debated it, but I'm glad I cleared my driveway last night around 9 or so. CR got about 4.5 inches but not much freezing rain. Just enough to keep the snow in place, so very little blowing right now.

I'm in Marion and glad I cleared my drive today. I cleared my back porch and part of the yard last night for the dog, which now that area is iced over. My drive had ice/harder snow on top, which was no issue for my snowblower, leaving a driveway without ice.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Opened everything up today, waited till 10 or so to start, wind still blowing stuff around but doesn't seem to be drifting back in too bad. Roads aren't to shiny county roads are icy 4 lanes have 1 good lane, visibility anything from 0 to 1 mile depending on the wind gusts.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Drove back from Chicago yesterday on I-80. Shortly after coming into Iowa, a big SUV was trying to merge in front of a semi. Rather than slow down and merge behind the semi, the SUV tried to speed up and then started losing control. It wasn't yet too slippery, but he did a 180 in front of the semi. I was in the left lane just a little bit behind the semi trying to give him room to move over if he needed to. The SUV eventually got some grip and shot over into the median and then looked like it was going to come back in the road. Fortunately, it stopped in the median and the semi and us just drove by. Quite the freaky experience. Sorry no video.

Anybody know how to get urine stains out of car upholstery? Asking for a friend.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron