Halftime Entertainment

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I wonder if they're applying that same logic when they select a guy who's clearly never shot a basketball before to do the John Deere 3 pt contest
I think they're gunshy from last year. There were at least three winners of that contest last year. Then they started pulling stuff like rebounding directly in front of the shooter, and/or handing the shooter one ball at a time, veeeeerrrrrrryyyyyy slowly. Surprise - no more winners!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’ve always said have students audition then pic out the best and then give them 6-7 min of open mic comedy act. Could be dangerous but eh, what the hell. It’s a win win, their funny or they suck and then you make fun of them.

I was at WI's home opener, and they were having a 'dance for the camera' deal where they mainly show little kids doing a bunch of things to whatever song. In the WI student section this guy was dancing actually real moves to stuff, and before long they were showing him, then cutting back and forth to the kids trying to replicate. Was really funny and the crowd got pretty involved.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You think any halftime acts want to be associated with this ****show?
We could always call Blanks and see if we could borrow a few monkeys to throw poo at each other for 15 min. I don’t think the monkeys will mind

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and GTO

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
A lot of it is scheduling. Idealy, they'd like to get these performers for double headers to bring down the cost, but when there are double headers, the performers' schedules don't match up.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
This was probably already posted or discussed somewhere, so feel free to point me in that direction, but was there any sort of story around why there's no halftime entertainment this year? I looked on cyclones.com and it looks like the only game with anything scheduled at halftime is KState and the FM Acro team.

I think it’s because the two “comedians” they had perform finally “got off.”

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I wonder if they're applying that same logic when they select a guy who's clearly never shot a basketball before to do the John Deere 3 pt contest
This is going way back but this is similar to the first Big 12 football championship Dr. Pepper halftime contest. They trotted out a middle aged lady to field punts. If she caught a certain number of punts, she won $1 million or so. Needless to say, she didn't even lay a hand on any. No vetting process, disgrace to watch.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This is going way back but this is similar to the first Big 12 football championship Dr. Pepper halftime contest. They trotted out a middle aged lady to field punts. If she caught a certain number of punts, she won $1 million or so. Needless to say, she didn't even lay a hand on any. No vetting process, disgrace to watch.

A lot of the contests where its like 'make a field goal' or 'hit a half court shot' for a huge prize require them to not have played competitive football\basketball for a certain number of years. I remember one where a college student prize winner got disqualified because he'd played in high school

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Making contestants use the new men's arc hasn't helped the Van Wall shooters any.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Days that both the men and women have games in Hilton on the same day. Basketball heaven (even better when they both win)
So we can't have halftime entertainment at the men's games unless there is also entertainment at the women's? That's dumb.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So we can't have halftime entertainment at the men's games unless there is also entertainment at the women's? That's dumb.

Nope in the past there were men's games that had half time entertainment even when women were on the road. I think it's just a budget thing though I'm not an "insider".

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Making contestants use the new men's arc hasn't helped the Van Wall shooters any.

New line, fewer balls on the rack so they can't get as many shots up, signage on the side on the rack, yeah they haven't helped the contestant any.