Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
DuMkZQ3V4AAr--8
u6dVYe.mp4

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
When your trashy gas stations are in all the worst parts of town it's going to be a magnet for crime.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
"Kum & Go" is the most ridiculously Midwestern name of anything ever.

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
Am I the only one who will go out of my way (.5 mile for Caseys) to go to Caseys, HyVee, QT or Kwik Star to avoid the garbage convenience stores that are Kum n go? Their gas is garbage. Run a 3 tank MPG test on Kum n go and then any of the other brands of gas and compare.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Am I the only one who will go out of my way (.5 mile for Caseys) to go to Caseys, HyVee, QT or Kwik Star to avoid the garbage convenience stores that are Kum n go? Their gas is garbage. Run a 3 tank MPG test on Kum n go and then any of the other brands of gas and compare.
I avoid them if all possible.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and STLISU

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
I avoid them if all possible.

I have one four blocks from my house. Haven't stepped foot in that store in over a year (and its one of the nicer ones). Garbage food, garbage gas, decent customer service (only advantage vs caseys is that their cashiers don't appear to be on meth all the time.)

And Kum n Go will jack the gas price up .20-.30 at random times just because.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have one four blocks from my house. Haven't stepped foot in that store in over a year (and its one of the nicer ones). Garbage food, garbage gas, decent customer service (only advantage vs caseys is that their cashiers don't appear to be on meth all the time.)

caseys bought out the local Kum and go, tore it down and built a new store.

In HS kum and go was better because you could buy underage and it was also the only place with condom machines.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m going to need more information before I decide if this was a crime or not. Blonde, gray skirt, go on...

We understand, it’s just normal day to day things for Hawkeyes. For the rest of the people, it’s just not something you do.

• Winner
Reactions: Stewo

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
This is a funny social strategy for C&G, lets see if it goes anywhere.

Here in Chicago I have friends from out of state that wander into Iowa for one reason or another and they all tell me of this amazing gas station called "Kum & Go". They literally can't believe the name.

/rolls eyes

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

Have to help pay for the Kruse kid to go jet setting around the world man!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I mean... the name implies you can do that.

For a year I lived next door to a Kum & Go with another gas station called "Pump & Pack" across the street. I wanted to start my own gas station on the block and call it "F*** & Save".

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I think Kum & Go is fine. It's a freakin gas station, if you're driving miles out of your way to go to a specific one then you're doing it wrong.

Reactions: capitalcityguy