Replacement for Ruhle at Baylor?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Texas has oil. Waco is in Texas.

That's why baylor can go after top coaches.

In 2019,someone gave Baylor $100M and remained ANONYMOUS.. That's insane. ISU got $50M from the Ivy's and named the business school after them

What top coaches are they after? All that money doesn't seem to be helping them this year, unless they have something huge up their sleeve. Makes you wonder if they were caught off guard by Rhule leaving, which would be weird because essentially everyone else knew.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm not too impressed with this hire, I'm happy about it thought, I don't think he's in Rhule's league.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don’t know much about this guy except for reading his Wikipedia entry. He spent a little bit of time in Texas early in his career, but he is a California guy.

He might turn out to be a great coach, but hopefully, there are some growing pains. The number of coaches with no prior head coaching experience that have joined the conference is pretty low recently: Lincoln Riley (promoted with no change to staff), David Beaty, ..... Paul Rhoads??

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Aranda has been a very good coordinator. But UNLV (and many others) just passed over him for their HC job. Interesting hire - I’d have taken Napier over him as he has head coaching experience. Time will tell. But, for now, this is great for ISU as it’s a step down from Rhule.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
LSU already being tore apart by the smaller schools.

Yeah, there must be a lot of loyalty and brotherhood in that locker room. I noticed it took Joe Burrow less than 12 hours to throw his teammates and school under the bus by saying they were getting real cash after the game.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Baylor head coach Dave Aranda and Washington State head coach Nick Rolovich were the DC and OC at the same time at Hawaii just a few years ago. Random tidbit.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Not a bad hire, especially if they want to maintain the current defense...LSU certainly had speed...not sure if Baylor can mimic that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron