ESPN+ ISU BB Game Schedule

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Exactly, instead of being able to watch what could have been his call of your game, I watched an SEC game because yours was on ESPN Plus. Had ISU been on ESPN or any of its linear platforms, I would have definitely watched. Ths Plus thing was horrible for our conference.

Fran only ever called Monday and Saturday games in the past for the Big 12. He NEVER did mid-week games. Being the Big 12 basketball expert around here, I figured you would know that.

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: awd4cy and Cyched

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
This went just as I thought it would. The smart not brain washed cyclone fans are seeing what ESPN+ really is and are voicing their concern while the brain washed ones argue it to death that it’s the best ever and helps isu and b12.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
This went just as I thought it would. The smart not brain washed cyclone fans are seeing what ESPN+ really is and are voicing their concern while the brain washed ones argue it to death that it’s the best ever and helps isu and b12.

Can you answer my questions?

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
The damn banner for the McGregor vs. Cowboy fight at the bottom of the page must go! Gives me a headache looking at it. Just say NO to ESPN +!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
See. Once you're used to it, the prices will start to go up, and you'll bend over and take it with a smile on your face
At least you will have the ability to turn stuff on and off if you are not using it. You couldn't do that with cable/satellite.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

I don't get why it's so hard for some. I feel like the arguments between corded phones and cordless phones were similar. The future is hard to fight off, but kudos to you for trying.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
See. Once you're used to it, the prices will start to go up, and you'll bend over and take it with a smile on your face

KnappShack....I agree completely with your statement re Prices.....Once the fans get used to it, the prices will go up ..up and up somemore.....Dont believe me? ESPN is using the UFC model to extort more money out of gullible fans because Disney wants to make millions more .....Ist they over pay for the UFC, so then to recoup the money, they make the previously free shows $80 a year and raise the Premium fights to $89 a show .....Nice and get used to it boys because its only going to get worse...and a lot more expensive to watch your favorite teams.....

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
KnappShack....I agree completely with your statement re Prices.....Once the fans get used to it, the prices will go up ..up and up somemore.....Dont believe me? ESPN is using the UFC model to extort more money out of gullible fans because Disney wants to make millions more .....Ist they over pay for the UFC, so then to recoup the money, they make the previously free shows $80 a year and raise the Premium fights to $89 a show .....Nice and get used to it boys because its only going to get worse...and a lot more expensive to watch your favorite teams.....

The free market will decide if the Mouse is gouging and extorting the American viewer

But here's one point. The Peacock streaming service came out yesterday. It has a free tier and a whole lot of content. If I have the Peacock, CBS All Access, and old fashioned Hulu I can have a giant library of television for $15-ish a month. That content it isn't demanding a lot in the market

Sports moves the needle. Will be interesting to see how far. Live sports has value. iHeart just hired everyone back because people are passionate about sports. Sports could be just about the last live event Americans are willing to pay for. That's worth something to these media companies

• Informative

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I have ESPN plus but only for 1 reason. My nephew plays at a smaller college and ESPN plus carries those games. So I can see him play. IF the price goes up in a few years after he graduates, depending on how much. I won't pay for it. I won't pay 20 bucks a month to watch sports along with the other stuff I am paying for right now. Just not worth it.

• Winner

volclone

Apr 11, 2006
Congrats to the Big XII and all the conference AD's and Presidents....you've managed to make Big XII Basketball disappear from TV! Quite an accomplishment. David Copperfield would be proud. Meanwhile, ALL Big 10, SEC, ACC and PAC12 games are covered for ALL teams. Hell, even the Big East has a better TV deal.

Unless you're KU or Baylor...or happening to play them, you will never see normal ESPN coverage. That should do wonders for the recruiting efforts of the other 8 teams in the league. Nicely done--can interest you in some land in Florida I'm trying to sell?

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Congrats to the Big XII and all the conference AD's and Presidents....you've managed to make Big XII Basketball disappear from TV! Quite an accomplishment. David Copperfield would be proud. Meanwhile, ALL Big 10, SEC, ACC and PAC12 games are covered for ALL teams. Hell, even the Big East has a better TV deal.

Unless you're KU or Baylor...or happening to play them, you will never see normal ESPN coverage. That should do wonders for the recruiting efforts of the other 8 teams in the league. Nicely done--can interest you in some land in Florida I'm trying to sell?

Keep going on your rant, but the Pac12 (and it's billion splinter networks) and ACC Networks barely exist nobody carries them, and BTN is only carried regionally (congrats on being in a B10 region).

Oh and here's how many games each team has on ESPN+ this year:
15 - KSU
10 - OSU, KU
8 - BU
6 - TCU
5 - WVU
4 - ISU
3 - TTU, OU
2 - UT

Most of the teams in the top half have non-con games on ESPN+, KU is really taking one for the team

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm glad this years trainwreck of a basketball team is being reduced in its scope to ESPN+ Can we play all our games on ESPN+ the rest of this year, please? Gotta keep Hali hidden from the NBA scouts...

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Keep going on your rant, but the Pac12 (and it's billion splinter networks) and ACC Networks barely exist nobody carries them, and BTN is only carried regionally (congrats on being in a B10 region).

Oh and here's how many games each team has on ESPN+ this year:
15 - KSU
10 - OSU, KU
8 - BU
6 - TCU
5 - WVU
4 - ISU
3 - TTU, OU
2 - UT

Most of the teams in the top half have non-con games on ESPN+, KU is really taking one for the team

So the #1 and #3 teams in the country have had half of their conference games not viewable by most of the County. Good job Bob.

• Winner
Reactions: AlaCyclone

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So now I'm not only out of data at home but also on the phone. Signed up for the month to watch these 3 games and I will have seen 1/2 live while eating up all of the data. Yep, cancelling tomorrow after watching some of the OSU game.