KXNO/iHeart Layoffs

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Yes, they are still pretty big areas. Have you never traveled? I mean I know a lot of East coasters never travel but still. I mean it's not like I'm talking about finding Eritrea or Djibouti (I did not know those were connected) on a map.
I guess I don't understand why you'd think being unable to properly position all 50 states on a map is an indication of someone's intelligence in general or business acumen in particular.
https://www.movoto.com/blog/novelty-real-estate/where-are-all-50-states/
Perhaps no region was more difficult than the tiny states of New England, where utter pandemonium reigned. Although most of the answers for Maine were correct, Delaware was often placed in Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maryland. Rhode Island generated similar answers, with some respondents even placing it in New Jersey. Meanwhile, New Hampshire and Vermont were placed all over New England, and Massachusetts was frequently mislabeled as Connecticut. Clearly, plenty of our quiz-takers were simply guessing their way through New England.​

states-remembered-map.png

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
Impressive, very impressive. Its Iowa nice until you mess around with local sports, LOL. The layoffs wasn't a local decision to begin with, kudos to McCrea and the LOCAL powers to be for making this happen.

Reactions: khardbored

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
No way they didn't get raises right? I like all these personalities but if I'm Ross, the Charter gig would probably pay a lot more.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
Need advice:

I've been pissy for the last couple of days because of the whole KXnO thing. The wife was not real consoling on the matter. Her favorite radio station happens to be 106.3. How do I celebrate this with the wife? Do I celebrate like OBJ does with LSU football players or like OBJ does with rent-a-cops?
Both

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
No way they didn't get raises right? I like all these personalities but if I'm Ross, the Charter gig would probably pay a lot more.

Why can't he do both? It's not like realtors have to work M-F, 9-5?

I would think he could do his real estate thing in the morning and early afternoon and do the radio gig in the afternoon.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I imagine the charter gig was probably commission-based, so while there's money in it in the long term, maybe not so much right out the door

I imagine he could possibly do both though.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That real estate agent life would ssssuuuuuuuccccckk
Yeah but the Polk economy is on very solid ground and I would think the pay and stability would be a little attractive.
With little kids, the radio might be a better, set in schedule life though.