OBJ Giving LSU players cash after game

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
How is this any different than Lebron giving Ohio State players Beat headphones?

LeBron got prior clearance from the NCAA to gift those to the players. So did OBJ gifting headphones to the LSU players. But he didnt for giving them cash. Thats the difference.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I dont' really care about any of this but what a stupid thing for OBJ to do, I don't think the fallout will be that big but he put the LSU players in an awkward position, it wasn't the behavior of someone who wants whats best for these kids. I hope none of them get in any serious trouble with the NCAA, let's be honest, $100 isn't much different than buying a kid a meal. I'm guessing those kids partied on OBJ's dime for a night or two and that money is long gone. I know its technically against the rules but this is a yawner.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Jeez, OBJ is usually so understated. It's odd for him to put himself in the spotlight like this.

Starting to show some signs of Antonio Brown disorder. Maybe not nearly to the extent of what AB has become but seems like these diva wide receivers have to make sure they are always in the spotlight and being talked about.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

So we have a cop who is harassing players for smoking after winning the biggest game of their lives and now OBJ has a warrant out for his arrest. Seems like NOPD is looking for attention

I don't know if I would consider it "harassment" for a security guard to enforce the non-smoking policy of the stadium. Probably didn't want them setting of smoke alarms or the sprinkler systems which would have been a disaster.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I dont' really care about any of this but what a stupid thing for OBJ to do, I don't think the fallout will be that big but he put the LSU players in an awkward position, it wasn't the behavior of someone who wants whats best for these kids. I hope none of them get in any serious trouble with the NCAA, let's be honest, $100 isn't much different than buying a kid a meal. I'm guessing those kids partied on OBJ's dime for a night or two and that money is long gone. I know its technically against the rules but this is a yawner.
He gave more than 100 on camera. He counted for a while.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jerms

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

So we have a cop who is harassing players for smoking after winning the biggest game of their lives and now OBJ has a warrant out for his arrest. Seems like NOPD is looking for attention

Go smoke in a restaurant and see what happens. Same deal in the Superdome.

• Agree
Reactions: Jerms

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I don't know if I would consider it "harassment" for a security guard to enforce the non-smoking policy of the stadium. Probably didn't want them setting of smoke alarms or the sprinkler systems which would have been a disaster.
Yep, that is a colossally expensive thing to have happen. Fire Dept fines business for false alarms and negligence like that.

cy90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 12, 2010
Emmanuel Acho a former Texas Player was on “Get Up” this morning saying they knew before the 2009 game against Alabama they would get $1000 per interception.

• Winner
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Emmanuel Acho a former Texas Player was on “Get Up” this morning saying they knew before the 2009 game against Alabama they would get $1000 per interception.
Is anyone surprised by this? I mean, I'm sure there are still some folks who clutch their pearls when stuff like this comes up, but come on. It's so pervasive. College sports is brimming with this kind of thing. It's everywhere. "Not at my school! We do things the RIGHT way!" That's just naivety. In big time college sports, this is the only way.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Honestly, the coaches should have been more in control of what was going on. I know you just won something huge so I wouldn't expect all of the players to be responsible, but the coaches should be the ones in the locker room shutting that down. The fact that police were involved at all directly with the players is a failure on the coaches.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Honestly, the coaches should have been more in control of what was going on. I know you just won something huge so I wouldn't expect all of the players to be responsible, but the coaches should be the ones in the locker room shutting that down. The fact that police were involved at all directly with the players is a failure on the coaches.

I will almost guarantee the cigars where provided by the coaches/school.

**** at the 2000 bowl game in Phx, there were carts of booze being wheeled to coach Mac.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I heard there’s another video where he slapped a cop in the ass or something in the locker room after the game

They need to charge him with the same thing the jogger received for slapping the reporter's a@@. Did anybody see what he did after he slapped the cop? WTF is wrong with this dude?

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I will almost guarantee the cigars where provided by the coaches/school.

**** at the 2000 bowl game in Phx, there were carts of booze being wheeled to coach Mac.

How do you know they weren't supplied by Odell? Or some agent, or booster or random rap artists?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
That's really the underlying issue. The most blatant cheating is so hard to catch. A backpack full of cash is really easy to give to a college student with nobody being the wiser. It's telling that most things the NCAA catches are the more complex cases like sports memorabilia, family donations, ad endorsements, etc where somebody is trying to bend the rules. If you just outright cheat, it's harder to catch.

Kansas cheated. They were caught. The freaking FBI busted them NCAA does nothing. NCAA sports are a joke.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
They need to charge him with the same thing the jogger received for slapping the reporter's a@@. Did anybody see what he did after he slapped the cop? WTF is wrong with this dude?

Goes to show you how badly he wants out of Cleveland!!