Weather Thread - 1/16 to 1/18

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
My final prediction is 2-3 inches in Des Moines

giphy.gif

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Very wide, 30,000 ft view first impression here.

I'm still leaning toward the under, or low end. Bad placement of surface low compared to a traditional state/C. Iowa-wide heavy snow event. Lots of warm air being pumped in.

At the moment, I expect precip type issues and/or a substantial warm layer aloft that crushes the snow ratios, especially southern half of Iowa. I'll get into it a bit more seriously this afternoon, but this looks odd.

We're in Chicago. Should we return to Ames:

1. As planned on Friday afternoon/evening?
2. Try to leave earlier (Thursday night or Friday morning)?
3. Wait it out and return Saturday or Sunday?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We're in Chicago. Should we return to Ames:

1. As planned on Friday afternoon/evening?
2. Try to leave earlier (Thursday night or Friday morning)?
3. Wait it out and return Saturday or Sunday?
I would keep my plans.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
i have 9 beers, about 2L of vodka and 750ml of tequila. I'm good till about 10 am Saturday
I have two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Should make it to Saturday.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I have two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Should make it to Saturday.

Well played. I thought if this immediately also.

Reactions: tim_redd

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
tumblr_p68zohfc9k1s3pz03o2_250.gifv

• Funny
Reactions: tim_redd

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Case of beer, 12 pack of white claws (wife bought it), 30 bottles of assorted flavored rums and vodka, bottle of peanut butter whiskey and BV toasted caramel in the freezer and 1/2 bottle of Patron in the fridge. My actually need to go to the store for some food!!