*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #2 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Dropped to 8.5 now. Sharps moving that number. Imagine that the public will move it back to 9.0 or 9.5 before tip.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
We all know ISU's recent history in Waco and is isn't good and. At least, this time CF won't melt down if ISU loses as they arn't the better team this year.

I think you're going to be disappointed as to the bolded part. Brace for another round of Steve Prohm threads and the resurrection of some older ones as well.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Baylor is loaded but Vital vs MJ is going to be a bloodbath. Baylor forces you to play small bc Vital is such a tough match up, their offense down the stretch against KU was isolating he and Gillespie and dissecting their bigs with the two man game. When KU went small, they just physically overwhelmed them. Vital isn't their best player but he's probably their most important. He gives them the versatility to match up with any lineup, keeping him in check is the key to slowing them down. That's more than keeping him off the scoreboard, its rebounds, steals, assists etc...he is their x factor. It's a long shot to win but if he is productive, it's basically impossible.

Vital is probably my most hated player in the Big 12. I've never seen anyone blatantly shove under the hoop as much as he does and get away with it. Well, maybe Garza.

That said, I would love him on ISU. He is dirty and physical, basically the exact opposite of the team we have this season.

Reactions: heitclone

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
This Southern Baptist University should have been kicked out of the B12. They have a sold history of criminal behavior. I ALWAYS want to see them lose!

Not quite correct. You could have said "southern Baptist University" and been fine. But, they are not affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.

But, I agree they should have been kicked out of the Big 12.

• Informative
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I kind of feel today like I did on game day for football back in the 80's and early 90's when we'd play Oklahoma or Nebraska. I just hope no one gets hurt. Not expecting much, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. Go Clones!

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Gonna need Baylor to be unfocused, fat and happy after winning at AFH. If they have a bad night, turn the ball over 25 times, then ISU could win.

That 9% win chance is probably about right. I am surprised Baylor is only 8.5 pt favorite...

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Vital is probably my most hated player in the Big 12. I've never seen anyone blatantly shove under the hoop as much as he does and get away with it. Well, maybe Garza.

That said, I would love him on ISU. He is dirty and physical, basically the exact opposite of the team we have this season.

He gets away with playing extremely physical.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
O/U on number of resurrected Prohm threads regardless of outcome?

But really, I just want to keep seeing improvement. Put some points up, get some stops, make it interesting. Have some fight and show they belong on the same floor as Baylor. There's still time to blossom into a formidable team.

• Agree
Reactions: LLCoolCY

CyBlock

Oct 1, 2019
Question is do we break 50 tonight? I’m thinking we’re just under that.

If we don't break 50, we are in serious trouble. Still like our defensive intensity vs OU, so hoping it will carry over tonight. We don't win at Baylor often, but it's always close...

Reactions: heitclone

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
How many 3s did we hit during the last win at AFH?
Probably need a game like that

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We’re either going to get ran out of the gym early on or we’re going to keep it in single digits all game and cover. I don’t see us winning. Bad matchup for us.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu