*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #2 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm on the older side, who doesn't like new or complicated technology, and it wasn't that bad. Rather easy to put on my phone and tv.
It's really convenient on my PlayStation. I can watch basically everything worth watching on there.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If we accept the premise that Baylor's athletic department actually was punished in a meaningful way for running a rape ring, they probably would be national champions in all major sports this year without that heavy burden.

Of course the the reality is running a lawless crime syndicate always gives them a boost.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
We all know ISU's recent history in Waco and is isn't good and. At least, this time CF won't melt down if ISU loses as they arn't the better team this year.
I'll be tuned in a rooting for our Cyclones but have to be realistic that this is a major task to win against this BU squad tonight. I won't just concede a loss especially in this year of CBB. Tyrese is still the best player on the court and if the team is hitting 3's an upset can happen.

I just want to see continued growth of the young players and use of the lineup and roster rotations. Prohm can still get this team better in a loss in the road and confidence in Tre's shooting and Lewis consistency.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
We all know ISU's recent history in Waco and is isn't good and. At least, this time CF won't melt down if ISU loses as they arn't the better team this year.
I'll be tuned in a rooting for our Cyclones but have to be realistic that this is a major task to win against this BU squad tonight. I won't just concede a loss especially in this year of CBB. Tyrese is still the best player on the court and if the team is hitting 3's an upset can happen.

I just want to see continued growth of the young players and use of the lineup and roster rotations. Prohm can still get this team better in a loss in the road and confidence in Tre's shooting and Lewis consistency.
You don't come around here much, do you?

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011

Now why would you think something crazy like that??

Reactions: jcyclonee

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Hoping for a 2017 @ KU game type miracle. That team was playing some pretty poor basketball going into that game and used that game to really springboard them into the last 1/2 of conference play. That team also had 4 NBA players on it, but whatever.

Hoping for something similar.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Baylor is loaded but Vital vs MJ is going to be a bloodbath. Baylor forces you to play small bc Vital is such a tough match up, their offense down the stretch against KU was isolating he and Gillespie and dissecting their bigs with the two man game. When KU went small, they just physically overwhelmed them. Vital isn't their best player but he's probably their most important. He gives them the versatility to match up with any lineup, keeping him in check is the key to slowing them down. That's more than keeping him off the scoreboard, its rebounds, steals, assists etc...he is their x factor. It's a long shot to win but if he is productive, it's basically impossible.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Snydes and tzjung

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I think the goal for tonight is to not get blown out. Just be competitive. I think the rest of this season will be much more pleasant for this team if they can achieve some semblance of consistency as opposed to oscillating between horrendous and above average.

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung

Carnegie

Jul 10, 2019
If we accept the premise that Baylor's athletic department actually was punished in a meaningful way for running a rape ring, they probably would be national champions in all major sports this year without that heavy burden.

Of course the the reality is running a lawless crime syndicate always gives them a boost.

This Southern Baptist University should have been kicked out of the B12. They have a sold history of criminal behavior. I ALWAYS want to see them lose!

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
64-78
9% win expectation

Do we do much of anything better than them?

-- we are not too far behind in offensive efficiency (#34 versus #23)
-- our effective field goal % is higher (52.0% to 50.2%)
-- turn the ball over less

They are just so much better than us defensively, are likely to kill us on the boards, and a good three-shooting team (36.2%) compared to us (32.2%).

We are going to have to hit a lot of difficult shots tonight, and we are not likely to have many second chances on the boards. We are going to hope to slow them down on defense and not let them kill us with offensive rebounds.

This game is going to lean heavily on George. He needs to do what he can to shore up our defense, and it is going to be like thunderdome under the hoop for him.

Bubba Hubba

Dec 19, 2007
Cyclones in a stunner, Prohm draws up an in-bounds play under the basket to open Halliburton for a game winning 3 with time running out.. :)

If we're doing unlikely predictions -- I'm all for it! -- here's mine: Solomon gets hot from 3-point land, which opens things up inside for Bolton to dominate.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyientist

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
Hoping for a 2017 @ KU game type miracle. That team was playing some pretty poor basketball going into that game and used that game to really springboard them into the last 1/2 of conference play. That team also had 4 NBA players on it, but whatever.

Hoping for something similar.

To be fair I would probably say this team has 2-3 NBA players in Tyrese, Bolton, and Conditt. Might be a stretch but still, there is potential NBA talent.

I was at the game in the Phog when those guys won. One of the best shooting performances in the second half I’ve ever seen. Burton couldn’t miss.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I've already got my meltdown script.

Run an offense!
Put someone from the bench in!
Fire all the coaches!
See if Erik starts another coach buying out prohms contract thread to coach here and totally agree
Drink more

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Things are so unpredictable these days in college basketball. Look, Clemson beats Duke last night. A lot of upsets already this year of which we were involved in, not for the good end though.

I will stick with my motto, "Any team can get beat on any given day." I hope that today Baylor is that team! Let's go State!!