KXNO/iHeart Layoffs

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Well restarted my Patreon anyway. Just need to figure out how to connect my phone/podcasts to an older car. No internet or Bluetooth available and I'd like to keep it that way.

Dude it costs like $15 to put Bluetooth in your older car. How have you not done that yet?

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I mean this with humor to lighten the situation, but

200.gif
This isn't funny. You're being an *******.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The "new" media pushing the local media to the side is tragic.

KABC in Los Angeles just did something similar. If this is happening in major markets then mid and small markets can't be far behind

The death of news (print, radio, and television) because of the internet is a horrible thing

People decided somewhere in the 1990s and the 2000s that they did not want to pay for print or electronic media somewhere. We are reaping what we sow.

Dude it costs like $15 to put Bluetooth in your older car. How have you not done that yet?

Or just one of these --

617BnJWYPZL._SX355_.jpg

You would have to have a REALLY old car not to have an AUX plug somewhere.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I'm bummed that I won't get to hear Beer With Bruno. That was one of my favorite segments.

Also remember that Sean turned down a decent promotion at his bank to continue with the Morning Rush not that long ago. I'll miss a lot of local news outside of sports that I heard on KXNO. Definitely getting rid of iHeart.

I also won several contests from their website. Man, what a crappy thing for everyone.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
Any of them fired can go to another station immediately. You can’t fire someone and then hold them to a non compete. For the others I think it’s be interesting to see what the contract says. For example Murphy and Andy losing AD is there anything in there about that.

I think this will be interesting to see who has worse PR the DMR or iHeart.

They can go to another station immediately if they want to face a potential lawsuit. And believe me, iFart has a stable of lawyers.

I did 30 years in radio here and in many other markets for many large companies.

Believe me, the standard employment contracts in broadcast media are very one sided in favor of the company. But as many here have mentioned, if you're willing to jump through enough hoops and fight hard enough (pony up for a lawyer), you can sometimes get relief.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
People decided somewhere in the 1990s and the 2000s that they did not want to pay for print or electronic media somewhere. We are reaping what we sow.
Are we just SOL now then?

I seriously wonder what the answer is, or how we can "fix" it.
Obviously listeners weren't an issue if SportsFanatics was the #1 show. We, as in central Iowans, were doing our part to support local broadcasting.

Do we just have to wait it out, and hope there's an eventual cycle back to local programming?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Really sorry to hear this. I listened in a lot when i moved out of state to help keep a comfort zone. Listen less now but still it was a go to for me to keep central Iowa close.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
What a shame. Radio is dying and this is a reason why. There is a reason why these big radio companies keep going broke.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Technically Miller was there too, and now back.
Kinda crappy what he did to Heather when he hitched his ride once again to scum, and he's still there for now and she isnt.

• Disagree
Reactions: RoseClone

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Are we just SOL now then?

I seriously wonder what the answer is, or how we can "fix" it.
Obviously listeners weren't an issue if SportsFanatics was the #1 show. We, as in central Iowans, were doing our part to support local broadcasting.

Do we just have to wait it out, and hope there's an eventual cycle back to local programming?

I don’t know if this is the answer, but if I like content, I try to pay for it via Patreon or whatever.

Reactions: Cycsk

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron