Best Sportscaster in Iowa

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think Dolphin's a professional, his style is easy on the ears. Much better than that drunken fool Zabel, half the time you couldn't tell what was going on. He needs a better sidekick though, Podolak is a mess.
He does a great job with those Live Look-in’s though.

edpodolak1.jpg

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think Dolphin's a professional, his style is easy on the ears. Much better than that drunken fool Zabel, half the time you couldn't tell what was going on. He needs a better sidekick though, Podolak is a mess.

Eddie sounds like a guy they pulled out of the bar but fans love him.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
There is a sensationalist aspect to his reporting style that can only come from years of having to try to make Iowa football sound interesting to listeners.
This. Dude makes a pedestrian play sound like something truly epic.

"Stanley deftly hands the ball of to Goodson who slams in to the line of scrimmage like a steele battering ram for a 2 yard gain. If the Hawks keep showing physical dominance like that Ed it's not going to be long before they break a long one!"

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I like Dolph, good for him.

I'd love to play a round of golf or have a beer with Dolph and Walters.

• Winner
Reactions: tzjung

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
For a small population state, we're so damn lucky to have Dolphin, Walters and Rima.

All 3 are great and all 3 are very different. Any of them would have been deserving and I'm pretty sure they've all won it multiple times.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
This. Dude makes a pedestrian play sound like something truly epic.

"Stanley deftly hands the ball of to Goodson who slams in to the line of scrimmage like a steele battering ram for a 2 yard gain. If the Hawks keep showing physical dominance like that Ed it's not going to be long before they break a long one!"

Or the classic "And he runs for 5 or 6 tough yards. " 15 seconds later, "And so the Hawks are at 2nd and 8".

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Dolph is a better man that me. At his age, I wouldnt have apologized, and I would have just retired. 99% of the public knew it was a raw deal.
The thought probably crossed his mind but I don't think he'd want to go out that way.