Starting Lineup

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Just curious what folks think, which is better, NIT final 4 or one and done in the NCAA tourney? (my vote is one and done in NCAA)
One and done. But I don't really think that's the argument/question surrounding this.
When this question is brought up, the actual meaning of the question is usually something more like "Does an NIT final 4 or a one-and-done NCAA tourney appearance help the program more for the future?" I would suggest that most of the time it is still NCAA, but I think there are some situations where an NIT final 4 run benefits the future of a program more than getting bounced in the first round of the NCAA.
Still, a program should always prefer to make the NCAA tourney.

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Going forward it’s going to be interesting to see how the new lineups come together. It took prohm a disastrous non conference to finally make the slightest changes. These lineups should of had multiple games under their belt .

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
id rather play in a play in game for ncaa and lose than go to nit.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Going forward it’s going to be interesting to see how the new lineups come together. It took prohm a disastrous non conference to finally make the slightest changes. These lineups should of had multiple games under their belt .

Go listen to Monday's press conference with Prohm. He spoke about it a little.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This is the kind of baseless speculation that you pay the big bucks for here on Cy Fan, but with his role diminishing a bit I wonder if he wont look to grad transfer next year?

Again, not basing this on anything, and not saying he will do it, but being a Redshirt Junior this year I imagine that would be an option for him.

Also, as a side note, I can't get over him only being a junior. Feels like he's been here since the Curtis Stinson days.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This is the kind of baseless speculation that you pay the big bucks for here on Cy Fan, but with his role diminishing a bit I wonder if he wont look to grad transfer next year?

Again, not basing this on anything, and not saying he will do it, but being a Redshirt Junior this year I imagine that would be an option for him.

Also, as a side note, I can't get over him only being a junior. Feels like he's been here since the Curtis Stinson days.

You can certainly see a situation where he doesn't feel like he'd be as big a factor next year as he's used to, I hope that's not the case. The really interesting thing about that happening would be that in 5 years here, Prohm would have zero HS recruits that stuck around long enough to finish their eligibility.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
You can certainly see a situation where he doesn't feel like he'd be as big a factor next year as he's used to, I hope that's not the case. The really interesting thing about that happening would be that in 5 years here, Prohm would have zero HS recruits that stuck around long enough to finish their eligibility.

We've never heard anything but Solomon is a great kid and a team-first guy. There's minutes for him next year, even if behind Conditt and Foster.

If he decides he wants to go elsewhere, though, I would wish him nothing but the best and thank him for his service to the program. He has done yeoman's work for a long time for us and never been the star or the popular one with the fans.

I would love to see him have a productive senior year as a Cyclone.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
We've never heard anything but Solomon is a great kid and a team-first guy. There's minutes for him next year, even if behind Conditt and Foster.

If he decides he wants to go elsewhere, though, I would wish him nothing but the best and thank him for his service to the program. He has done yeoman's work for a long time for us and never been the star or the popular one with the fans.

I would love to see him have a productive senior year as a Cyclone.

Agree 100%, I hope he finishes his career here. If is effort Saturday was any indication, he doesn't really care if he starts or not. He was part of the group that came off the bench and amped up the energy.