*** Official Oklahoma Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Jan 4, 2020
Lewis should take at least some of Jacobson’s minutes. It would allow the team to spread the floor and get a shooter on the floor. It would also unlock Bolton’s full potential allowing him to drive with more ease. Also Lewis would be guarding the 4 which would hide his defense and he is big enough to guard that position. The only thing we would lose is a little bit on the rebounding, but I think it would be worth it. Also, I think Zion might be a better option than Jacobson too.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Explain how Lewis doesn’t get more time in the 2nd half. Give it your best please. He probably doesn’t even play next game.

No, because we freaking won the game. Explain how we won, then maybe I'll try.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Explain how Lewis doesn’t get more time in the 2nd half. Give it your best please. He probably doesn’t even play next game.
Game is out of reach and he's trying to get others a chance to get out of their rut? I think TLew is gaining minutes every game. I could be wrong. Either way, you are calling a very good coach brain dead, so I'm not going to argue with you.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Heslip was actually good. Reeves just drives into traffic with no where to go while pushing off with his left hand and traveling, then somehow draws a foul.

Could be, I just feel the same level of despise for both. I am fine going with poorman's heslip

:)

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Why is grill in???

Why put Grill in? Why at all??? Where’s T-Lew? Did he hit on Prohm’s wife? I don’t get the substitutions

Why not play Steyer right now then. Just to see if he gets his mojo going?

grill for lewis?

Pretty ridiculous to not play Lewis more this half

And the narrative for Prohm being no good has just been moved to why the H when we are up 20 is he putting in X instead of Y?! I may need to re-think my take on making hippie cabbage legal in Iowa. You all need to fire one up.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Man, gonna feel a lot better about next year if Bolton can keep building on his point guardy feel from this game. When he’s intelligently aggressive he looks like a real solid replacement for Haliburton. Also feeling good about having Jackson. Even besides his threes finally falling he’s just a smooth, calming presence that defends and does a lot of other things well.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Can anyone say what happened for him to be shut down for this half?
He did play in the 2nd half. I agree he should have played more though to help keep building his confidence if nothing else. Nixon playing better in the 2nd half was probably one reason. Lewis absolutely HAS to be ahead of Grill in the rotation though. Looks like he was tonight.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Way to go Clones! Now a walk in the park for the next game!

Reactions: NENick

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He did play in the 2nd half. I agree he should have played more though to help keep building his confidence if nothing else. Nixon playing better in the 2nd half was probably one reason. Lewis absolutely HAS to be ahead of Grill in the rotation though. Looks like he was tonight.

Thought it was curious that MJ was thrown back out there after some bad minutes and sitting but TL wasn't.

And I'm all for MJ finding some form of niche but...what did he do to earn time back in?