*** Official Oklahoma Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
giphy.gif

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
It’s remarkable how much better we are when Nixon and Jacobson sit. Appreciate their effort but T-Lew needs to be taking a good chunk of their minutes from here on out
Jackson too. I still have high hopes for him

• Agree
Reactions: Malone

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
A few observations --

-- where the **** was that all year

-- **** playing two posts... never doing that again

-- one of Lewis or Griffin emerging as a viable 4-man completely changes this team

-- Tyrese is a monster

-- that is what happens when you play with intensity on defense and stop settling for jumpers on offense... everything is downhill at the rim, like it should be
I'd have to think those 5 guys are way in the + side of the +/- right now. That must've been the most (stats) efficient ~10 minutes of basketball we've played all year, probably on both ends.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
The test(s) will be when OU makes a run (they will), how do Cyclones respond? And will TLEW run out of gas playing every minute?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
You watch this first half and wonder how they got crushed by kansas and iowa and lost to fla a+m. Consistency comes from coaching. Games like this show they have the talent but it’s not being maximized.
Can't you just let us enjoy this for a game?

This performance is at least partially credited to Prohm. He changed his lineup, stuck with one that worked, ran the clock as best he could that I can see, even drew up an easy bucket on an inbound. I get that OU isn't a great team, and any team looks better when they actually make their shots, but still. This is a huge change.

Now, we may learn a lot based on how this second half goes. We have a comfy window, but it's not over yet.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Enjoy the win now. 6 of the next 7 don’t look fun. I hope we can finish this one comfortably.

2 of those look winnable. And I didn't pay attention before because of the name, but how did we get the luck of drawing Auburn in their only season in forever that they play good basketball?