Is Lewis injured because

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
His defense the Florida A&M game cost us but he said it in a much nicer way. He said this teams identity moving forward needs to be getting stops instead of trying to outscoring opponents since we don't have the firepower offensively with this roster to do that

Lewis was very upset on the post game show with Heft and keep referring to his defensive lapses at crucial times that let his team down. So he knew as soon as they happened that he messed up.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Had there ever been any explanation for why they are on his **** list?

I don't think they are in the dog house, I think they have a short leash. They both know what they are doing wrong but they continue to go out and do it wrong so don't get much time.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I would love to see ISU put a bigger emphasis on defense, seems to me since Hoiberg took over the emphasis has been scoring 80+ points to win. Really good teams can grind out a 65pt win as well.

I was disappointed by the FL A&M loss. But more disappointed that we didn't seem to show any thing new offensively or defensively. I would have expected that we would have used the time between the Hawks and A&M to work on some new things in practice. Maybe more motion offense vs pick & roll. From a defensive standpoint- play some zone. One way to hide Lewis, Jacobson and Conditt's defensive issues would be to play some zone.

IMO if we would have thrown some zone against FL A&M when they got on a 2nd half roll, that might have disrupted their offensive groove.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Had there ever been any explanation for why they are on his **** list?
Idk, all I ever see kicked around on here is his defense. According to Jared's pod with the old grad assistant Nick Graham, I'd say that fan speculation holds water in this case. He must really not be making strides in practice, because he doesn't even get a chance to show that he's been working on it in games. Just one of those guys that's going to have to fight uphill both ways, in knee deep snow to get off Prohm's **** list, ala Lard last year, albeit with a better attitude. Maybe he's more similar to Simeon Carter?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Definitely injured with that big of a chip on his shoulder

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Even if Lewis is below average defensively, the guy can score, which is something this team desperately needs given its offensive challenges.

Last edited:

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
He provides nothing from what I’ve seen
3vHtXts.gif

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Missed most of the first half tonight, but it did look like TLew was hustling on defense. I think he forced a TO on the sideline with a couple minutes left, and the announcers said he had played well in the first half. Kind of hard to figure out why he doesn't play more, but I'm sure there is something going on other than he took Prohm box of animal crackers.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
It's pretty clear that Lewis has made the most of his opportunities when he has been given the chance. Still doesnt make sense why he isnt playing more. Cause its pretty obvious, what has been tried this year has worked out very well either.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron