Zion Griffin

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
If there is one player that can change the trajectory of this season, I believe it's Zion Griffin. He's got good size and athleticism, the four-star credentials, and last game, he started to show his ability to knock down the three-point shot--something that is desperately needed on this team. I really hope this is one of the lineup changes Prohm makes against OU. Start giving him significant minutes, and start feeding him the ball and building his confidence. Somebody on this team has to start stepping up on the offensive end, and I believe he is our best candidate.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
A stretchy 4 is definitely what we are missing and it’s causing all kinds of headaches on both sides of the ball.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I would agree, same for Lewis. Both had 4 stars and I believe top 150 credentials coming in. I like to see Zion create off the bounce more. Against TCU he tried a few times, got some paint touches, just didn’t finish. He needs to be more than the guy in the corner who shoots 3s.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sweet thread title
giphy.gif

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
He has surpassed Jacobson in 3 pt percent. You might have a case here.

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
Prohm is not going to change anything. Same starting lineup. Still going to double team the post while we watch alley oop dunks over our little guard who doesn't rotate. Still going to leave Zion and Lewis on the bench even though they have the size and athleticism to help. Still never going to run an out of bounds play with any intent to score. Players are still going to look unprepared for the opponent. Oh and zero in game adjustments.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
If there is one player that can change the trajectory of this season, I believe it's Zion Griffin. He's got good size and athleticism, the four-star credentials, and last game, he started to show his ability to knock down the three-point shot--something that is desperately needed on this team. I really hope this is one of the lineup changes Prohm makes against OU. Start giving him significant minutes, and start feeding him the ball and building his confidence. Somebody on this team has to start stepping up on the offensive end, and I believe he is our best candidate.

what we are actually missing he could actually fill the role. A driver that is going to “attack” the basket not shoot floaters or throw up a trick shot, someone who is consistently going at the basket forcing the defense to react and make plays off of it... the position MJ is eating all of the minutes for trying to be a spot up shooter.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
To follow up on that.. we never seem to be attacking on offense or even attempting to.. it’s like we are being sneaky instead of just taking it.

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
Not saying this should be the starters but I'd be interested to see a lineup with our 3 best 3pt shooters and Conditt.

Tyrese
Bolton
Lewis
Griffin
Conditt

Reactions: Todd

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron