Starting Lineup

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I'd be more for ZG in for MJ if ZG played better defense. But the only thing that ZG might have over MJ is 3pt shooting and that's not like night and day between the 2. Yeah I know MJ is not great defensively at the 4 especially against athletic 4's but at least he has an idea of what he's supposed to do. ZG on the other hand ...

• Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
Switch MJ for Griffin
Switch Solo for Conditt

It’s not going to stop the ship from sinking, but if nothing else it’s giving more time to the players with highest potential.

• Agree
Reactions: Dingus and Doc

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'd be more for ZG in for MJ if ZG played better defense. But the only thing that ZG might have over MJ is 3pt shooting and that's not like night and day between the 2. Yeah I know MJ is not great defensively at the 4 especially against athletic 4's but at least he has an idea of what he's supposed to do. ZG on the other hand ...

MJ is maxed out. ZG has tons of room to grow. He's athletic, plays hard, and has a developing outside shot. Let him figure out how he needs to play. We're not going anywhere this season, and MJ will still get plenty of minutes.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
Don't want to pile on MJ but has anyone noticed he releases his jump shot on the way down. Not ideal and could def explain why he hits the front of the rim.

I don't see Prohm benching MJ either. Too much of a leader with TH.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
I'd say go small, start Conditt, rotate players often, and have them run their butts off. If you are standing you're sitting.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
What's wrong with just switching out MJ with Conditt and playing both he and Solo at the same time? I think defensively it would help us on the boards and post defense. Would like to see Jackson get some more minutes too, he's a nice perimeter defender that seems to get after it.

The sad thing is we just really don't have any consistent scorers on the bench to sub into the starting lineup other than Conditt that would make much of a difference. Changing our strategy up a little with the personnel we have is probably going to have more of an effect than who starts the game. Trying to establish an inside game and attacking the rim more early on might spark the offense a little then defensively some more zone (hence why I think Conditt and Solo at the same time may not be a bad idea) and maybe trying to press more or just something to take some risks and force some more turnovers.