A Beilein to Success!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
A third approach here, with two angles.
Let's assume that John Beilein is fired by the Cavs, giving us the chance to offer him redemption Norman Dale style, one last ride to glory.

We can ask him to buy out Prohm with his NBA buyout, but that probably won't fly.
So, because someone brought it up and it's fun, we turn the ped bridge money into Beilein money and bring that guy right in. We know he can evaluate talent, scheme, and win.

So, option #3.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
We better be ready to shell out $4-$5M a year for a coach, 'cuz he was just under $4M when he left on a good note. Don't see him taking a paycut to come back to college.

I'm also not totally convinced the Cavs fire him this quickly, but I suppose they've done dumber things before.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
We better be ready to shell out $4-$5M a year for a coach, 'cuz he was just under $4M when he left on a good note. Don't see him taking a paycut to come back to college.

I'm also not totally convinced the Cavs fire him this quickly, but I suppose they've done dumber things before.

They'd owe him a crap ton of money if they fired him now and it's not like their team is in position to win no matter who is coaching.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
source.gif

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I always thought him leaving Michigan was extremely odd. I still don't get it. Why the **** would you want to try that dumpster fire in Cleveland with no NBA background.

I was in the same boat. He had something really good going at Michigan and then to jump to the Cavs.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think he got sick of the recruiting/general scummery of CBB. And money. Always surprises me how people can’t understand leaving one situation for another with a huge pay increase. It’s always #1. Always.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I think he got sick of the recruiting/general scummery of CBB. And money. Always surprises me how people can’t understand leaving one situation for another with a huge pay increase. It’s always #1. Always.

That and he might have wanted to give it a shot. The highest level of his profession

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Let's assume that John Beilein is fired by the Cavs, giving us the chance to offer him redemption Norman Dale style, one last ride to glory.

We can ask him to buy out Prohm with his NBA buyout, but that probably won't fly.
So, because someone brought it up and it's fun, we turn the ped bridge money into Beilein money and bring that guy right in. We know he can evaluate talent, scheme, and win.

So, option #3.

You stole this from my head.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

So, option #3.
What the heck. it's worth a shot.
DeficientUglyFlies-max-1mb.gif

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Beilein left Michigan for two reasons. The first is that it's really hard to get over the hump he was on without cheating in college basketball. The second was he was somehow losing an abnormal amount of guys who didn't have great draft prospects early and it's almost impossible to plan for that without risking being stuck over the limit when these cycles are 2-3 years ahead of when guys actually get there.

John Beilein is probably the least scummy guy basketball and I think it just grated on him that in order for him to get over the hump, he was going to have to change that. Having said that, sign me up for Michigan's Beilein era.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Beilein left Michigan for two reasons. The first is that it's really hard to get over the hump he was on without cheating in college basketball. The second was he was somehow losing an abnormal amount of guys who didn't have great draft prospects early and it's almost impossible to plan for that without risking being stuck over the limit when these cycles are 2-3 years ahead of when guys actually get there.

John Beilein is probably the least scummy guy basketball and I think it just grated on him that in order for him to get over the hump, he was going to have to change that. Having said that, sign me up for Michigan's Beilein era.
The one person that might be less scummy is our current coach.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think Erik just needs to keep it to one troll thread.

• Disagree
Reactions: jcyclonee