*** Mafia Sign-Up Thread: THE MANDALORIAN ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

gipper2001

Aug 28, 2013
Phoenix
gina-carano-mandalorian-red-carpet.jpg

In

• Winner
Reactions: HARMCYN

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I would like to play, but never have before. Would someone be able to provide me with the rules and how the process works in an online forum?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I would like to play, but never have before. Would someone be able to provide me with the rules and how the process works in an online forum?
Have you ever played the card game mafia? Or something similar to secret hitler? There will be a write up on the rules, but if you have played something similar in tangible form before, it should be simple to pick up .

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
The short of it:

Prior to the game starting, everyone is assigned a role. The majority of the roles are "innocents", some of which have added special powers which will be known to everyone. There will also be a minority of players assigned to the "mafia", who have the power to kill one non-mafia player every night.

Every day, all players in the game select one person to vote for, and the person with the most votes at the end of each day is killed off. Obviously innocents want to find and kill the mafia, and the mafia wants to preserve their numbers.

The innocents win the game if there are no mafia members left alive. The mafia wins the game if they ever outnumber the innocents.

In the past, one of the recommended ways to see how things work is to read a past game thread or two. Here are three that are different enough from each other if you wanna go back and study a bit:

Calvin & Hobbes Mafia (the last one I mayored)

Price is Right Mafia

Ace Ventura Mafia

• Informative
Reactions: SCNCY

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Have you ever played the card game mafia? Or something similar to secret hitler? There will be a write up on the rules, but if you have played something similar in tangible form before, it should be simple to pick up .

Unfortunately, I have not, but have always been interested. Looks like Fritzy has a good description.

Reactions: srjclone

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
The short of it:

Prior to the game starting, everyone is assigned a role. The majority of the roles are "innocents", some of which have added special powers which will be known to everyone. There will also be a minority of players assigned to the "mafia", who have the power to kill one non-mafia player every night.

Every day, all players in the game select one person to vote for, and the person with the most votes at the end of each day is killed off. Obviously innocents want to find and kill the mafia, and the mafia wants to preserve their numbers.

The innocents win the game if there are no mafia members left alive. The mafia wins the game if they ever outnumber the innocents.

In the past, one of the recommended ways to see how things work is to read a past game thread or two. Here are three that are different enough from each other if you wanna go back and study a bit:

Calvin & Hobbes Mafia (the last one I mayored)

Price is Right Mafia

Ace Ventura Mafia

How does the daily voting work? Is it a PM to the person running the game?