This is why Prohm must go........

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
How bad is it around here? It's so bad we're defending MCDERMOTT when comparing him to Prohm. Big yikes.
I'm not defending anyone, i just remember that game vividly because of how shocked I was.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
How bad is it around here? It's so bad we're defending MCDERMOTT when comparing him to Prohm. Big yikes.

I didn’t bring it up to defend McD, more-so comparing Prohm to McD, who everyone calls a disaster. We are in some dark days right now and the Prohm defenders won’t admit it.

• Winner
Reactions: Hoggins and cyfan21

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013

mcdermott wasn’t left with an NCAA ready team and future pros that you can brag to recruits that they could be the next Iowa state star.. or turn pro after a transfer year at Iowa state.. prohm squandered all of that. His recruiting success is over.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
That roster was amazing last year, and he recruited it. Totally gets credit there, but looking back I would say they under performed. I don't think I could have said that last year, but looking at Wiggy, THT, Lard and a soon to be Hali playing professionally, we should have done way better than what we did.

After Hoiberg's recruits, we have under performed. You could make an argument that he under performed WITH Hoiberg's recruits.
I didn’t bring it up to defend McD, more-so comparing Prohm to McD, who everyone calls a disaster. We are in some dark days right now and the Prohm defenders won’t admit it.

I’m not sure who is still left defending the guy.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Don’t worry when we beat Oklahoma on Saturday there will be a thread of bad day for the Prohm doubters crowd.
We'll get the "Thank you for the true fans for showing up" and the "This man will always be our head coach. Get loyal or get out" threads we got in CPRs final year, as if beating bad teams means anything for the program at all

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Well, the line wasn’t even +10.

If it’s so bad that we’re expecting to flirt with historically bad losses, fire Prohm tomorrow.
The line on this game was comically low, I couldn't even believe it when I saw it.

Also, firing mid-season is one of the most absolutely braindead things any sports program can do, so don't do that.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The line on this game was comically low, I couldn't even believe it when I saw it.

Also, firing mid-season is one of the most absolutely braindead things any sports program can do, so don't do that.
If a 30 point loss is expected, then the program is already dead in all regards.

It’s silly to think that this was expected. Those that expected this should be the most staunch supporters of firing Prohm ASAP.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I just doubt you possess even 1% of the knowledge regarding "in game adjustments" or "X's and O's" that Steve Prohm does.
Fans have a right to judge coaches on wins and losses - they're paid to win games. But I have to laugh when fans like you rate their particular skills and abilities...
hey Tornado man, still laughing?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
If a 30 point loss is expected, then the program is already dead in all regards.

It’s silly to think that this was expected. Those that expected this should be the most staunch supporters of firing Prohm ASAP.
Losing by 20 versus 30 make a big difference to you does it? I think we figured on losing, and knew it could get out of hand.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Prohm isn't the one out there shooting 34% from the floor when KU is playing, at best, half-assed defense for an entire half of the game. That's what I mean when I say the biggest disparity on display tonight was talent.

We have exactly one obviously-good player: Hali. That's it. Quite literally everyone else has major flaws in their game, and giving them a new head coach (promoted from the current coaching staff nobody else trusts anyway) is not going to magically fix that or make the situation any better. Save that for the end of the season when there's actually candidates to interview and hire and potential to work with. All that can be done right this second is further damage.

And even at that point I'm not confident it'll get any better, 'cuz were looking at a complete, multi-year rebuild that we will most-likely be handing to someone else of Prohm's resume caliber when he came in.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron