This is why Prohm must go........

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
There were no adjustments that would have done anything tonight.

They were just outmanned.

That's the bigger problem. Being a whole level lower than conference teams in year 5.
I think this is accurate. I just don't think we are a school that just reloads, especially when you lose a couple pretty good players early.

We might be able to replace good seniors eventually with a well structured plan, but losing the "firepower / talent" we did last year, it did not bode well for this year, no matter the coaching.

I'm not bought in on the coaching per se. But, I believe we are a little unprepared for this year without a couple pieces that MAYBE should have stayed one more year.

BUT, I also thought those pieces caused a lot of problems last year too. So, go figure.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
FYI:

FIRESTEVEPROHM.COM is available....

WeeklyIncomparableHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Worked out pretty well for the guy who set up firewaynemorgan.com

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Sat by a stranger at the game who told me he’s watched only the games on TV (what’s that, like half or less?) and he totally nailed Prohm’s substitution patterns to a tee.

If a causal fan knows exactly what a team is going to do with his players, imagine what Bill Self, Beard, Drew, and others do....

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015
Sat by a stranger at the game who told me he’s watched only the games on TV (what’s that, like half or less?) and he totally nailed Prohm’s substitution patterns to a tee.

If a causal fan knows exactly what a team is going to do with his players, imagine what Bill Self, Beard, Drew, and others do....

Know the same thing. As we do about their substitution patterns?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Such a waste. I really was rooting for him.
He's one of the few cases where I end up actually disliking one of our players quite a bit as a person. Prohm gave him so many chances and really wanted Lard to succeed and instead he was an ******* and a distraction the whole way. I don't miss him and that's one of the few spots I won't give Prohm ****.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I’m as pissed as anyone but with wiggington or tht this team is completely different. It was obvious at the beginning of the year that this team was going to struggle.

for what it’s worth, I think Halliburton will be back next year. By the end of the year, he will be drafted late 2nd rd. Not because of tonight, but realistic expectations.

I think this team would be a lot better with THT. That said, this game and the Rattlers game speak to some issues that are deeper than talent.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
He's one of the few cases where I end up actually disliking one of our players quite a bit as a person. Prohm gave him so many chances and really wanted Lard to succeed and instead he was an ******* and a distraction the whole way. I don't miss him and that's one of the few spots I won't give Prohm ****.
I’m not going to proclaim it was Prohm’s fault with Lard but he’s consistently had people that had issues just like Lard.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think this is accurate. I just don't think we are a school that just reloads, especially when you lose a couple pretty good players early.

We might be able to replace good seniors eventually with a well structured plan, but losing the "firepower / talent" we did last year, it did not bode well for this year, no matter the coaching.

I'm not bought in on the coaching per se. But, I believe we are a little unprepared for this year without a couple pieces that MAYBE should have stayed one more year.

BUT, I also thought those pieces caused a lot of problems last year too. So, go figure.

If the bolded is true it's on the coaching staff. They had to know Wigginton was gone after last year. THT started popping up on draft boards in November. Lard was obviously iffy. There's just no way their leaving could have been a surprise to them such that they couldn't start to plan for it.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I’m so sick of hearing that ohh we just don’t have the talent this year.. I’ve seen a lot worse teams than this roster at least look competitive and competent. The bottom line is that this coach doesn’t elevate players doesn’t make any of them better. The coach relied on future pros to make him look competent and to elevate him. This is the type of season and clear lack of coaching that kills recruiting and ends an era. Steve prohm is done at Iowa state. Now we just have to watch the magic slowly die.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’m so sick of hearing that ohh we just don’t have the talent this year.. I’ve seen a lot worse teams than this roster at least look competitive and competent. The bottom line is that this coach doesn’t elevate players doesn’t make any of them better. The coach relied on future pros to make him look competent and to elevate him. This is the type of season and clear lack of coaching that kills recruiting and ends an era. Steve prohm is done at Iowa state. Now we just have to watch the magic slowly die.
I’m sick of it too. The Florida A&M game should have opened everyone’s eyes to the coaching issues.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I just love how people somehow don't correlate the lack of talent back to Prohm, like he was somehow forced into having to work with this roster. These are his dudes. His roster. These guys are here because Prohm invited them here. If they can't cut it, that's on Steve.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I just love how people somehow don't correlate the lack of talent back to Prohm, like he was somehow forced into having to work with this roster. These are his dudes. His roster. These guys are here because Prohm invited them here. If they can't cut it, that's on Steve.

That roster was amazing last year, and he recruited it. Totally gets credit there, but looking back I would say they under performed. I don't think I could have said that last year, but looking at Wiggy, THT, Lard and a soon to be Hali playing professionally, we should have done way better than what we did.

After Hoiberg's recruits, we have under performed. You could make an argument that he under performed WITH Hoiberg's recruits.