*** Official #3 Kansas Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
There’s gotta be other coaches we could pay less to not teach boxing out, not teach defense, not teach shooting, not run an effective offense, draw up plays, take advantage of mismatches, build a competitive roster, hold players accountable...really about anything necessary to be a decent basketball team. I don’t understand how somebody can ascend the coaching ladder as Prohm has with no requisite skills besides spotting point guard talent.

• Agree
Reactions: psi and FinalFourCy

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
LETS see if our starters can outplay KUs walk ons the last 2 mins.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Yes you are. You are the kind of fans CF want, the way we were blocked for pointing out how clueless and pathetic Paul Rhoads was? Looking and seeing how everyone is happy we go bowling year in year out, you would think Cyclonefanatic has different staff than the pro Rhoads. Everytime we complained about a Sam Richardson running for his life because Paul couldn’t recruit let alone develop OL and all other positions, we would be blocked. I won’t be surprised if I get blocked here for saying Coach Prohm needs to be relieved of his duties because he is not the right man to coach a team of ISU caliber.
How stupid are you, there are plenty of people saying that without being banned. Jesus.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Prohm is doing to the b-ball program what KJ did to wrestling

Speaking of wrestling, if you want to follow a top 12 team, they have some home duals left against Okie State and you can experience some Hilton magic yet this season! :)

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Yeah it's really kind of hurt Prohm. He's recruited either too good or a big miss. That hasn't left much to work with. We need the 4 year guys who get better. Now some of that is development.
Yeah I just feel we are a school that is better suited for guys who are kind of like Frank Kaminsky. A good player who has his best year as a junior or senior and then makes it to the NBA. If you aren't getting Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, etc. level recruits, you need to be a junior and senior-laden team with players who were good but developed together into really very good players and a very good TEAM.

• Optimistic
Reactions: FinalFourCy

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
The good news of this is the students weren’t there so we don’t get to see moronic threads blaming the students for losing because Hilton isn’t as good as it was “back in my day”

I'll help you out with some of the replies in case you really missed them:

"The band chants are lame."
"Students have their faces buried in their phones."
"Cyclone Alley is the worst thing to happen to the student section."
"Curly haired girl is way worse than Cyclone Alley."
"Students used to be scatter throughout the lower bowl making it a better atmosphere."
"Why doesn't Jamie started selling the balcony to non-students?"
"Jock Jams are the worst."
"There are too many damn advertisements during the game."
"Have you noticed how the magic suddenly died after they changed the lights?"