Vikings fans...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I can see how neutral and opposing fans might get a bit tired of the homerism but he talks so much that he does a really good job of describing each play. You can generally get a pretty good feel for what is happening when he is announcing.

My one (minor) complaint, is that he gets so into it that he even sounds excited during a good play for the other team.

The dismay shows up immediately afterwards, but it can be momentarily confusing.

JW is immediately despondent while something good is happening for the other squad.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
My one (minor) complaint, is that he gets so into it that he even sounds excited during a good play for the other team.

The dismay shows up immediately afterwards, but it can be momentarily confusing.

JW is immediately despondent while something good is happening for the other squad.
First one that comes to mind is the final play of the season against the cardinals 4-5 years back

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
First one that comes to mind is the final play of the season against the cardinals 4-5 years back

That was like 15 years ago I think.

Love PA and this call always comes to mind when thinking about plays going against the Vikings.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Diggs hasn't practiced the last couple days due to illness. I wonder if the illness has anything to do with him getting very few targets against the Saints. He's one of my favorite players but he has been a little bit of a beotch this year. I hope he doesn't request to be traded in the offseason.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Diggs hasn't practiced the last couple days due to illness. I wonder if the illness has anything to do with him getting very few targets against the Saints. He's one of my favorite players but he has been a little bit of a beotch this year. I hope he doesn't request to be traded in the offseason.

• Informative
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames

Unless he was acting, they showed him on the sidelines pretty angry that he wasn't being targeted more according to the announcers. Who knows.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Hopefully Diggs (flu) and Thielen (cut ankle) are at least 90% by game time. If they are, I'll take the Vikings 31-27.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Alexander back for SF.....eff. Not going to help things for Vikes.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Alexander back for SF.....eff. Not going to help things for Vikes.
Yeah it is because Shannahan has all but said he is going to pick on Xavier Rhodes. Having another DB option outside of dejo you can throw in to mix things up, I'm all for it. Shannahan isn't as hard headed as to not realized the matchups he will have on the field, unlike Sean Payton.

edit: i'm an idiota

Last edited:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yeah it is because Shannahan has all but said he is going to pick on Xavier Rhodes. Having another DB option outside of dejo you can throw in to mix things up, I'm all for it. Shannahan isn't as hard headed as to not realized the matchups he will have on the field, unlike Sean Payton.
Pretty sure he means LB Kwon Alexander is back for the 49ers.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
oh, yea, that aint good lol
As for the Vikes Mackensie Alexander had surgery and is done. Pretty sure Hughes is done too. It's gonna be Rhodes and Waynes with Hill and Sendejo playing the nickel. So, going to need massive day from Hunter and Griffen.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
As for the Vikes Mackensie Alexander had surgery and is done. Pretty sure Hughes is done too. It's gonna be Rhodes and Waynes with Hill and Sendejo playing the nickel. So, going to need massive day from Hunter and Griffen.
That's why I was confused/excited. I knew Mac had surgery yesterday, just blanked and was too excited to have another DB in the fold.

Our LBs and front 4 have to play stellar to have a shot. Hope Jimmy G throws a couple zone read throws directly into the hands of Eric because his reading of the LB level has always been his poorest recognition in his progressions. Couple that with Hunter and Griffen getting in his face, and it makes it that much harder.

Help Support Us

Become a patron