Help! I'm Fat - *** Official Exercise and Weight Thread ***

dfwcy

Oct 20, 2008
No news is bad news I`m guessing. How are people enjoying intermittent fasting? Im doing that and low carb for a bit to get ready for a Hawaii trip. It works but it is not terribly fun.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
My weight loss has stalled the last 3 weeks. Haven't gained any but stuck on 222-223. Must be all the alcohol over the holidays.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I haven't been participating on this thread, but I'm back down to my pre-holiday weight now. Unfortunately that equates to being 6 weeks behind "schedule". 2 weeks of not losing but adding, 1 week to take care of the holiday weight, then thinking about the 3 weeks opportunity cost. Oh well, time to get some results.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I've done 135 fasts in a row. During the week I do 20/4 and on the weekends I usually do 18/6. I've lost about 25 lbs but have stayed pretty even over the last 4 weeks. I have a vacation coming up in a few weeks and I will abandon it during that time. Once I get back from vacation, I plan on getting back in the groove and would like to end up losing another 25lbs total. In reality, I should probably loser 50lbs but I'd be happy with 25.

dfwcy

Oct 20, 2008
I've done 135 fasts in a row. During the week I do 20/4 and on the weekends I usually do 18/6. I've lost about 25 lbs but have stayed pretty even over the last 4 weeks. I have a vacation coming up in a few weeks and I will abandon it during that time. Once I get back from vacation, I plan on getting back in the groove and would like to end up losing another 25lbs total. In reality, I should probably loser 50lbs but I'd be happy with 25.
Dude, how do you feel doing the 20/4? Im doing 16/8 and by 11 a.m. I am ready to eat. I would like to get to 18/6 though.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
It has definitely been a struggle for me recently.

A little person information here, but my family is VERY critical about everything I do. From the profession I chose (I quit my job as an engineer to start a software company) to the people I date, my family doesn't approve of most of my actions. When I went home for the holidays, all I got from my mother, brother and grandmother was "Wow, you've gained so much weight!" and "hey fattie, how's that belt doing?". It's awful.

My parents even sat me down out of nowhere and said "We've been thinking, we think you should go on blood pressure medication" without any medical testing or any prior discussion on my blood pressure.

So yea, I kinda relapsed a bit and I am very embarrassed by it.

I'm thinking of going on the carnivore diet the rest of this month like Joe Rogan. He says the best thing that he's notice is the boost in energy he has all day. This past few weeks, I could have really used that energy to get me feeling better. It's worth a try!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

A little person information here, but my family is VERY critical about everything I do. From the profession I chose (I quit my job as an engineer to start a software company) to the people I date, my family doesn't approve of most of my actions. When I went home for the holidays, all I got from my mother, brother and grandmother was "Wow, you've gained so much weight!" and "hey fattie, how's that belt doing?". It's awful.

My parents even sat me down out of nowhere and said "We've been thinking, we think you should go on blood pressure medication" without any medical testing or any prior discussion on my blood pressure.

I'm thinking of going on the carnivore diet the rest of this month like Joe Rogan. He says the best thing that he's notice is the boost in energy he has all day. This past few weeks, I could have really used that energy to get me feeling better. It's worth a try!

We approve of you. We’re your family now.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Got my license renewed on Dec 31. My one from 4 years ago I was at 242 and now at 233. I go to the gym and ride the stationery bike or ride my bike, weather permitting, at least 15 miles at least 5 times a week. At the gym, it takes around 45 minutes at level 15. I was at around 239 the first week of December and at 233 on the 31st. Wasn't on the same scale, so results are not probably what they should be.

Food wise, I don't put any more flavored creamer in my coffee, I have laid off snacking (just healthier stuff), and just trying to be more aware of what I am eating. I also try not it eat after 7 pm. Just took my BP and it was at 122/69 with a heart rate of 65. It's amazing the longer I ride now I really increase my speed without really any effort.

The tough part is to keep doing it!! I tell myself in the morning when I wake up, "I have to go to the gym". Road outside on Christmas Eve day and on Christmas Day. I didn't want to, but I just kept telling myself to do it. Gym was open on New Years Day so I went for an hour. You have to get in a mindset to keep doing it. I even take workout clothes on sales trips now!!

I feel like a toad compared to a gal that ran 7 miles my 7 am on Sunday morning and came to the gym to run 9 more on the tread mill!! That's what you do if you are training for the Boston Marathon, from what she told me.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Back down what I gained over the holidays to 20lbs total. Onward we go.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Food wise, I don't put any more flavored creamer in my coffee, I have laid off snacking (just healthier stuff), and just trying to be more aware of what I am eating. I also try not it eat after 7 pm. Just took my BP and it was at 122/69 with a heart rate of 65. It's amazing the longer I ride now I really increase my speed without really any effort

I’ve been trying to be more cognizant of snacking recently. More fruits, vegetables and nuts.

Black coffee is an acquired taste, but you’ll find to appreciate the taste of good coffee more. And if you’re like me, it’ll turn your heart black too.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I’ve been trying to be more cognizant of snacking recently. More fruits, vegetables and nuts.

Black coffee is an acquired taste, but you’ll find to appreciate the taste of good coffee more. And if you’re like me, it’ll turn your heart black too.

I put about a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in the grounds before I brew it. Just ran out of the last of the Kauai Coffee I brought back from Hawaii also. :(:(

Reactions: Cyched

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I've really focused on trying to reduce my portion sizes and primarily eat meat, eggs fruit and veggies. I also am fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays where I only eat a small salad for lunch and a light dinner to equal 1 full meal. I'm only a week in so too early to see results yet.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA

Sorry to hear about your family being critical of you. Keep hanging in there.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No news is bad news I`m guessing. How are people enjoying intermittent fasting? Im doing that and low carb for a bit to get ready for a Hawaii trip. It works but it is not terribly fun.

Like it. Of course, My adjustment just had to be eating earlier at night as I rarely eat anything in the morning. A 16 hour fast just isn't difficult to me. I'm down 15 which is a miracle with the holidays and next week we're doing a detox which I'm skeptical about but I'm going to give it a shot. Then on to whole 30 with IF as that's what my fiance wants to do and I don't really have a better plan. I'm into the second week of Hammer and Chisel and I forgot what a ************ some of those days are but it's going well. With IF I have noticed that I get more out of my morning workouts which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but maybe that small adjustment is giving me that early energy.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Dude, how do you feel doing the 20/4? Im doing 16/8 and by 11 a.m. I am ready to eat. I would like to get to 18/6 though.

From everything I've read and listened to, you can adapt real quick. I want to get to 18/6 whenever possible but I'm committed to 16/8. I haven't seen anywhere where it's an all or nothing thing but the people who seem to know their stuff say that once you get the hang of it, it just gets way easier to eat even just once a day.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

Meh, I know it's family but who cares? Next time just tell them that ya, I already went on that crap years ago and I think it's causing my weight problems.

This was never going to be a one-way trip. It doesn't work that way as weight just naturally fluctuates. Just try to make gradual improvements and feel good about any changes that do stick.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone4L

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

I did carnivore for a week last summer because it was just super easy to throw a bunch of **** on the grill and eat it for a week. I don't know how it would have done long term but I felt really good that whole week.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone4L

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006

It's not that bad as long as I stay away from the kitchen. It's harder for me to do 18/6 on the weekends when I'm sitting by the kitchen thinking about it. I'm an early morning person so the weekdays are easy. Get up a little before 5, at work by 6am, drink a ton of coffee, get home about 3:30pm. At 3:30 I'll eat some cheese/nuts/crackers and then eat dinner at 5:30 and punch out around 6:30. Using the Zero app has kept me honest.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Started the 1st, down 2 lbs this week. Biggest thing for me is drinking more water and not eating nearly as much for supper. Ive averaged over 15000 steps per day for the week.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron