Fred > Fran

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Fred at Iowa State yes. Now I disagree. Prohm can get his guys to score, Fred can't
Gotta acknowledge the degree of difficulty here. Freds player all suck. Prohm has a top 10 NBA draft pick on his team. Switch them players and I'd bet it Fred gets our guys to score while Nebraska's offense is miserable

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
To be fair, in no alternate reality is Nebraska ISU's ex-wife or best friend.
I spent too long trying to figure out who Iowa State's best friend would be. Narrowed it down to either Oklahoma State since they're pretty cool and chill for the most part or Baylor because we're usually predicted to pair up with them in the death of the Big 12 scenarios. Gonna go throw up for a little bit now

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So what if Fred doesn't make the NCAA's in year 2? I mean he could miss the NCAA Tournament for the next 4 years and have as many NCAA appearances as Prohm did in his first 9 years.
Wait, you think coaching at at Ohio Valley school is comparable to coaching in a power league in terms of the possibility of making the NCAA tournament?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Wait, you think coaching at at Ohio Valley school is comparable to coaching in a power league in terms of the possibility of making the NCAA tournament?

You are right. Lets compare what they have done in a power league.

Fred 122 wins
Prohm 90 wins

Career winning %
Fred .656
Prohm .604

Regular season championships
Fred 0
Prohm 0

When Fred was finished up with his 5th season at ISU what kind of shape was the program in? After this year with Prohm, what kind of shape will the ISU program be in?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You are right. Lets compare what they have done in a power league.

Fred 122 wins
Prohm 90 wins

Career winning %
Fred .656
Prohm .604

Regular season championships
Fred 0
Prohm 0

When Fred was finished up with his 5th season at ISU what kind of shape was the program in? After this year with Prohm, what kind of shape will the ISU program be in?
Have Fred and Steve coached the same number of years in a power league? Against the same opponents? The Big 12 has been a lot steadier/difficult since the 4 defectors left and picking up WV and TCU and playing a double round robin.

You are obsessed about a lotta weird stuff but you are literally comparing apples to oranges.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Have Fred and Steve coached the same number of years in a power league? Against the same opponents? The Big 12 has been a lot steadier/difficult since the 4 defectors left and picking up WV and TCU and playing a double round robin.

You are obsessed about a lotta weird stuff but you are literally comparing apples to oranges.

Of course Prohm has less wins, he has 1 less year, that is where winning % comes into play. Also I'll have to look back, but I'm betting you weren't saying that the Big12 was weak when Fred was coaching in Ames.

You are right though about Apples and Oranges. There is no comparing how much of a tougher job Fred had when he got to Ames than Prohm had. Crazy Freds numbers are better than Prohm at all, considering how much worse of a situation he walked into.

• Disagree
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Of course Prohm has less wins, he has 1 less year, that is where winning % comes into play. Also I'll have to look back, but I'm betting you weren't saying that the Big12 was weak when Fred was coaching in Ames.

You are right though about Apples and Oranges. There is no comparing how much of a tougher job Fred had when he got to Ames than Prohm had. Crazy Freds numbers are better than Prohm at all, considering how much worse of a situation he walked into.
Where did I say that?
I said:
The Big 12 has been a lot steadier/difficult since the 4 defectors left and picking up WV and TCU and playing a double round robin.