2020 Football Targets

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Is this kid for sure staying on the offensive side of the ball? I see his twitter says OL/DL kind of hoping with that size he could stay at DT.
I’m going to go way out on a limb and guess that if he had close to enough athleticism to play P5 DL, he’d be on scholarship somewhere—as an OL, at the very least.

No offense to the young man.

Reactions: cybychoice

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
I’m going to go way out on a limb and guess that if he had close to enough athleticism to play P5 DL, he’d be on scholarship somewhere—as an OL, at the very least.

No offense to the young man.

Yeah I get that, never know though could just be that he went to a small school and didn't do the football camp circuit. Never hurts to have someone his size anyway regardless of position.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Art Green is now warm to ISU and scheduled an OV on Jan 18

https://247sports.com/player/art-green-46046012/

giphy.gif

I believe Latrell is recruiting him hard. Like our chances!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Aclone

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Didn't want to start a new thread, but wanted to give a final nod to those going off scholarship and acknowledge their contributions to ISU football:
John Kolar, Sheldon Croney, DeShaunte Jones, La’Michel Pettway, Julian Good-Jones, Bryce Meeker, Josh Knipfel, Collin Olson, Matt Leo, Ray Lima, Jamahl Johnson, Marcel Spears, Bobby McMillen, Justin Bickham, Amechie Walker, Braxton Lewis, Steve Wirtel, Brayden Narveson

So that's 18 young men with scholarships going off the team. We just signed 21 new commits. Also, it appears we are still looking for perhaps a couple more commits (Art Green plus an OL grad transfer) to sign in February. So that's where we stand as of now for the 2020 season.

Reactions: cyence and CYCLNST8

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Didn't want to start a new thread, but wanted to give a final nod to those going off scholarship and acknowledge their contributions to ISU football:
John Kolar, Sheldon Croney, DeShaunte Jones, La’Michel Pettway, Julian Good-Jones, Bryce Meeker, Josh Knipfel, Collin Olson, Matt Leo, Ray Lima, Jamahl Johnson, Marcel Spears, Bobby McMillen, Justin Bickham, Amechie Walker, Braxton Lewis, Steve Wirtel, Brayden Narveson

So that's 18 young men with scholarships going off the team. We just signed 21 new commits. Also, it appears we are still looking for perhaps a couple more commits (Art Green plus an OL grad transfer) to sign in February. So that's where we stand as of now for the 2020 season.
Plus two grayshirts joining the team when school starts.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop

According to 247 there are four ISU football players who are in the transfer portal. I believe three of those had scholarships though. That brings the total up to at least 21 open scholarships.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa-state/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Yeah, he is gone. I think he left before the season started. Same with Schlecker. Narveson and Jalen Martin entered the transfer portal more recently, as well as Tory Spears who was a walk-on.
Tymar Sutton as well. We probably aren't done either.

Help Support Us

Become a patron