Drone Swarms Over Colorado and Nebraska

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Saw an article from a Colorado paper saying wing spans of 6'. The fact they think they are that big but nobody has a picture or knows what or who is flying them makes me skeptical.

Tangent - today I first-flighted my new DJI Mavic Mini and tested some cam and video features. My first non-toy drone and lots of fun so far.
Did you buy that directly from DJI?

Last edited:

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
People report seeing multiple drones with a 6-foot wingspan. As for national security. A Gazette reporter in Colorado thinks they're military drone tests. An article in the paper suggests it's the F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne making sure its counter drone technology is working. That could explain the sightings across multiple states.

https://www.ketv.com/article/103-ye...etts-finally-awarded-military-medals/30423389

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
People report seeing multiple drones with a 6-foot wingspan. As for national security. A Gazette reporter in Colorado thinks they're military drone tests. An article in the paper suggests it's the F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne making sure its counter drone technology is working. That could explain the sightings across multiple states.

https://www.ketv.com/article/103-ye...etts-finally-awarded-military-medals/30423389
There are a lot of Minuteman silos in western Nebraska and northeast Colorado.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
If someone were to shoot them down, you'd likely find out who was behind it in a hurry.
vauEUgn.gif

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Omaha news station had it on tonight. Channel 13 in Des Moines played it via the sister station thing. As soon as folks would pull out their cameras to film the lights turned off on the drones. Pretty sure this is military training stuff but I think it would be so cool if someone shot one down.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
There are a lot of Minuteman silos in western Nebraska and northeast Colorado.
I was stationed at Warren AFB back in the day. Not saying it’s them, but drone technology would massively improve security response to alarms at missile sights from how it was done when I was there.

Last edited:

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
That area has a lot of cattle ranches. Could be cattle rustlers. Back in the 70s criminals were using helicopters in Iowa to scout out the location of cattle in remote locations and then come in at night with trucks and steal them.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
That area has a lot of cattle ranches. Could be cattle rustlers. Back in the 70s criminals were using helicopters in Iowa to scout out the location of cattle in remote locations and then come in at night with trucks and steal them.
But you’d hear about these thefts and that’d be your answer. No reports of that at all

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
It's a little weird that these are probably fixed-wing drones. Most consumer drones you buy on Amazon or at Best Buy are the rotor-type.

The fixed wing go further and faster and can carry more weight.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron