Wake the F up Cyclone Nation

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
I may not know enough about xs and os to truly know what is going on every single play to really judge our staff from that standpoint. However the thing that I always go back to though is under Campbell I can really only remember being dissapointed with our effort and focus in a few games (drake '18, ksu '19, notre dame '19). Even in his first year it felt effort and focus were there most games.

I honestly don't feel the same with prohms staff and never have even when we have arguably had top 15 talent his first couple years. There are way too many head scratching losses for me to believe that these teams are well coached. However I'll continue to support him as long as he's here.. But I don't think he's the best man for the job anymore unfortunately.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
I havent looked for Conditt, but when I checked last night after Zions tweet I hadn't seen anyone at all tweeting at him.

Fans are going to have opinions about their sports teams. If you go out looking for them after losses and dont have thick skin you should probably get off Twitter.

Or the spineless morons who hide behind a keyboard to voice their crap could just STFU!

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
I may not know enough about xs and os to truly know what is going on every single play to really judge our staff from that standpoint. However the thing that I always go back to though is under Campbell I can really only remember being dissapointed with our effort and focus in a few games (drake '18, ksu '19, notre dame '19). Even in his first year it felt effort and focus were there most games.

I honestly don't feel the same with prohms staff and never have even when we have arguably had top 15 talent his first couple years. There are way too many head scratching losses for me to believe that these teams are well coached. However I'll continue to support him as long as he's here.. But I don't think he's the best man for the job anymore unfortunately.

This is the big time, and the rules have changed. Due in part to Prohm's predecessor's rousing successes with transfers right here in Ames.

Part of the problem IMO, is the popularity of the new transfer rules. It makes it very easy to fill a void, but doesn't allow as much time to research and really get to know the players.

In the past, coaches had usually 4-5 yrs. to groom their players and mold them into a cohesive unit that worked well together, replacing 1-2 players a year with recruits they've been watching and getting to know for years. Now some of the players that could/would have had time to grow and develop, are gone to greener pastures for more playing time. No one can blame them, they came to play b-ball, not warm a bench. I've often seen players go on to great success at other institutions, but people forget that a lot of the reason for those successes are greatly related to time spent at their former school under a different coaching staff.

IMO, Prohm's a better coach now then when he arrived, and he'll be even better in years to come. Recruiting is a different ballgame now. You don't know for sure from one semester to another what the roster will look like, and you have to try to plug the holes as best as you can.

Sometimes transfers fit in well right away, sometimes they need a little time, sometimes it just doesn't work out at all. If you roll the dice enough times, once in a while it's gonna come up craps...

• Agree
Reactions: 82Clone4Life

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I thought we weren't allowed to be critical without offering solutions? Breaking your own rules? Don't worry its what I expect out of you. LOL.

I’m not the one calling for major changes after a Big 12 tourney champ and NCAA tourney season so my solution remains the same. Shut the hell up until the recruiting well dries up and we stop putting multiple guys in the NBA.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I’m not the one calling for major changes after a Big 12 tourney champ and NCAA tourney season so my solution remains the same. Shut the hell up until the recruiting well dries up and we stop putting multiple guys in the NBA.
And we stop making the NCAA Tournament consistently. FIFY because that is more important than putting guys in the NBA to every Cyclone fan.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
You can criticize all you want but I don’t know why people that criticize everything think their criticisms are 100% spot on every time.

I feel confident we shouldn't call timeouts in hilton after made baskets.

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
Agree, if negativity online is affecting the team, Prohm just needs to ban them from social media. Because the fact is, unfortunately it is a part of being an athlete or any public figure these days and you either need to know how to ignore people or just get off it entirely.

Other then posting history I'm not sure how to differentiate between legitimate fans and opposing fan bases who are just trolling. Not saying there aren't ass hat fans out there like the guy from senior night.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Always liked this version.....this and Chumbawamba are good on months like this.

watch

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Has anyone actually found a negative post that was directed at the players? I hear all this "think of the children" conversation but no evidence of anything actually happening.

I wasted 30 minutes searching various phrases on Twitter and couldn’t find squat besides a single “madcyclone” burned account with 4 followers that actually tweeted at players.