Wake the F up Cyclone Nation

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I agree with you...but the last part...aren't you kinda hiding behind an anonymous account here? I mean, unless you are Bill Brasky...in which case I apologize.

I was referring to Twitter and apology accepted :)

• Funny
Reactions: Gossamer

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Here's what I don't get about all of this: You're crazy if you think Prohm is going anywhere until after next season. Even then I'd be surprised. It'd have to be a total meltdown both years.

This year's team is what it is. Why are people getting pissed off? It's obvious at this point we aren't going to play a meaningful game until the Big 12 tourney, not because that tourney is super important, but winning 4 games down there is going to be the only way ISU gets in the tourney. At this point it's about watching the development of the young guys and getting to see a true phenom in TH.
I think people are moreso pissed that they aren't seeing coaching changes from Prohm. There's a difference between understanding limitations of players vs adjustments. It appears Prohm isn't putting players in positions to be successful and that is by far the most frustrating thing.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I deleted twitter. I unsubscribed from the In State Rivals board and the Politics board here. Trust me, do it and you'll enjoy the fresh air.
I had a fraternity brother in college who went an entire year off of all social media platforms. Said it completely changed his life for the better.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
tenor.gif

This is who I think of every time I read your posts

Am I still being "holier than thou"?

• Funny
Reactions: CloneFan4

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think people are moreso pissed that they aren't seeing coaching changes from Prohm. There's a difference between understanding limitations of players vs adjustments. It appears Prohm isn't putting players in positions to be successful and that is by far the most frustrating thing.

But that goes back to a lack of understanding of what is actually happening. There’s a lot more that goes in to coaching decisions that we don’t see. We only see the games, we don’t know what happens in practice, what happens in film, or even who might be carrying an injury that needs to be managed. If a fan truly thinks they can out coach Prohm (or even a girls HS BBall Coach) based on what they see for four hours a week vs living it day in and day out then they are delusional.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
But that goes back to a lack of understanding of what is actually happening. There’s a lot more that goes in to coaching decisions that we don’t see. We only see the games, we don’t know what happens in practice, what happens in film, or even who might be carrying an injury that needs to be managed. If a fan truly thinks they can out coach Prohm (or even a girls HS BBall Coach) based on what they see for four hours a week vs living it day in and day out then they are delusional.
I agree with you 100% but you have to remember Prohm is coaching for his job. His job is to make the young men good representatives of the University and get Ws. He is doing one of those things. I get that practice is important, but some players are gamers. When it comes down to it, his job comes down to those 4 hours a week. If a casual fan can see the flaws in the piece that dictates his job security, he should see it as well and make changes accordingly.

Reactions: salennon07

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
you definitely think very highly of yourself. So maybe you should answer that question for the rest of us.

Derp.

This is not hard to understand.

CloneFan4 is on record as referring to posters who have an insufficient hatred of Steve Prohm as being "morons", and then accuses others of being "holier than thou". When called out on his or hypocrisy, they doubled down on it instead of engaging in any sort of reflection on how ridiculous he or she make themselves look.

It's interesting; hard times for the basketball team really do seem to bring the dumb out on this board.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I agree with you 100% but you have to remember Prohm is coaching for his job. His job is to make the young men good representatives of the University and get Ws. He is doing one of those things. I get that practice is important, but some players are gamers. When it comes down to it, his job comes down to those 4 hours a week. If a casual fan can see the flaws in the piece that dictates his job security, he should see it as well and make changes accordingly.

He’s not on a game by game contract. I’ve never been on a team where one or multiple top players are just “gamers” and don’t show it in practice and I bet that observation is even more stark at the D1 CBB level.

There’s also a difference between you thinking what you see is accurate and it actually being accurate. I think everyday fans would be surprised and overwhelmed at the level of detail and the attention to that detail that even a NAIA coach has to deal with. We don’t know any of the details.

• Winner
Reactions: bozclone

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Derp.

CloneFan4 is on record as referring to posters who have an insufficient hatred of Steve Prohm as being "morons", and then accuses others of being "holier than thou". When called out on his or hypocrisy, they doubled down on it instead of engaging in any sort of reflection on how ridiculous he or she make themselves look.

It's interesting; hard times for the basketball team really do seem to bring the dumb out on this board.

You are once again completely misconstruing my post to justify your defense of Prohm. I have never once stated that I hate the man or that others should hate him. At this point in his time here, if you think he is the right man for the job, you are a moron. That is what the post you are referring to said and has nothing to do with hating Prohm or encouraging others to hate the man.

• Agree
Reactions: jcisuclones

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
You are once again completely misconstruing my post to justify your defense of Prohm. I have never once stated that I hate the man or that others should hate him. At this point in his time here, if you think he is the right man for the job, you are a moron. That is what the post you are referring to said and has nothing to do with hating Prohm or encouraging others to hate the man.

Dude, if you honestly cannot understand the hypocrisy of calling people "morons" while simultaneously complaining about others behaving in a "holier than thou" fashion than you are beyond help.

I don't know how old you are; you may or may not be younger or older than I am. But whatever your age is...Grow. Up.

• Disagree

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I'm guessing it's just a sympton of the signs of the time, but honestly these days (and not just on CycloneFanatic.com), it appears to be as rare as a f*cking superpower.

Chip I respect you as a poster despite the fact we may differ on our opinions. But in the last week you have become more like Cat. The personal insults aren’t needed and quite frankly it takes away from some of the points you are trying to make.

• Agree

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Dude, if you honestly cannot understand the hypocrisy of calling people "morons" while simultaneously complaining about others behaving in a "holier than thou" fashion than you are beyond help.

I don't know how old you are; you may or may not be younger or older than I am. But whatever your age is...Grow. Up.

Coming from the guy who has been compared to @Cat Stevens I will especially take this to heart. Thank you for your guiding light

• Agree

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
He’s not on a game by game contract. I’ve never been on a team where one or multiple top players are just “gamers” and don’t show it in practice and I bet that observation is even more stark at the D1 CBB level.

There’s also a difference between you thinking what you see is accurate and it actually being accurate. I think everyday fans would be surprised and overwhelmed at the level of detail and the attention to that detail that even a NAIA coach has to deal with. We don’t know any of the details.
I think that is any profession. A doctor has do to things correctly to keep people alive, an attorney to keep their client out of trouble, ect.

When I see a coach fail, I see a coach with a lack of attention to detail. You have to have the ability to self reflect constantly to put yourself in the best situations. That is my personal opinion.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Derp.

Well, you are a moron. I appreciate that you own that.

• Useful
Reactions: VeloClone

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Actually I think it's funny also. He is the publisher of the sight that routinely throws coaches and players under the bus. I appreciate Cyclone fanatic but if it was not for the fanatic part of the fan base, even the ones that post and say stupid stuff to players, this site would not have near as much traffic. If he really is that mad at some of the fans, he might want to think about deleting all these threads that are throwing Prohm under the bus.

Granted, I like this site. I think people on this site have a right to their opinion on the coaches and all of that. I just think it's a little strange that Chris came out and said that when most of the bashing happens on his site.
You’re in a bubble if you think most of the bashing happens here, from like a half dozen people or whatever.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
In my opinion it is as simple as this. Iowa state fans are as passionate as a fanbase can get. That's a good thing when we are rolling and taking over bowl venues and the power and light district. When things are going horribly it can obviously be a bad thing. Would the teams rather we didn't give a sh!t and just stopped caring or going when we were playing like crap?

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
In my opinion it is as simple as this. Iowa state fans are as passionate as a fanbase can get. That's a good thing when we are rolling and taking over bowl venues and the power and light district. When things are going horribly it can obviously be a bad thing. Would the teams rather we didn't give a sh!t and just stopped going when we were playing like crap?
Nailed it! Look at some of the programs around the country that envy what we have. People, including myself, are upset because we care, not because we we hate staff or players.

• Agree
Reactions: clone1990

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Nailed it! Look at some of the programs around the country that envy what we have. People, including myself, are upset because we care, not because we we hate staff or players.

Speak for yourself, I hate the waterboy on the fb team. He is such a jerk.

• Funny
Reactions: tyler24

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron