Wake the F up Cyclone Nation

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
i think we disagree on what’s respectful. And the change isn’t happening now. Why not lay-off it until the end of the year?

yeah, that last part is a valid argument. Prohm isn't going anywhere during the season...calling for his head is simply making a stronger point that you don't agree with his coaching...which can be simply stated.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
How? Prohm should instruct players to stop having such concerns about what fans are saying.

Agree, if negativity online is affecting the team, Prohm just needs to ban them from social media. Because the fact is, unfortunately it is a part of being an athlete or any public figure these days and you either need to know how to ignore people or just get off it entirely.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFan4

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
i think we disagree on what’s respectful.

Maybe. I don't have social media so its not like I can monitor other than what posts have been texted to me or shared on here.

Either way I think our players either need to mentally toughen up, stop searching for negativity, or get rid of the app in season. I noticed the negativity was having an effect on my mental well being so I completely got rid of all of it and I have never looked back.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Here is my question - it seems like the people outraged here think you should only post positive stuff or you should not post at all. What is the line? I agree that posting "this team sucks" or something isn't doing anything but harm. Where's the line?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Here is my question - it seems like the people outraged here think you should only post positive stuff or you should not post at all. What is the line? I agree that posting "this team sucks" or something isn't doing anything but harm. Where's the line?
Why are we trying to police idiots?

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Agreed, we need someone to make a line similar to this. h9tbwcH_d.jpg

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think the tall, vertical barrier keeping the Cave out of the sports board failed.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Where in the above quote do you see any mention of violence towards anyone? Sooo unlike you to exaggerate and blow something completely out of proportion.

SMH. Wow. FFS, it's called hyperbole; look it up. I will admit that I do engage in it possibly more than the average poster in order to drive home a point that I'm making.

Speaking of points...you have apparently developed such a feeling of personal animosity towards Steve Prohm that you feel comfortable calling anyone who might support him still a "moron" (speaking of exaggeration), yet I'm the one who is behaving all "holier than thou."

Yep, keep self-awareness at the top of your next Christmas list. Better yet, in case you have a birthday between now and then, put it on your birthday list.

"Moron" indeed.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
you are really into gifting self awareness these days...second time in a week that you've done this. :)

I'm guessing it's just a sympton of the signs of the time, but honestly these days (and not just on CycloneFanatic.com), it appears to be as rare as a f*cking superpower.

• Agree
Reactions: Gossamer

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I've been a huge fan of Twitter but the last few weeks have been absolutely eye opening. Start a group text with your buddies and *****, just don't feel the need to go out onto a public forum and $hit all over the team. I don't care of you @ a player or not, it's still a really bad look. Oh, and if you are hiding behind an anonymous account you are a giant Pu$$$$.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Maybe just like cap it off at 10 posts? Or maybe throw out some future vision? Who would you get to replace Prohm? How does their style or results reflect why you would want them over Prohm? Maybe talk about why the direction of being angry is the direction that fans should take. Idk...just some thoughts.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
SMH. Wow. FFS, it's called hyperbole; look it up. I will admit that I do engage in it possibly more than the average poster in order to drive home a point that I'm making.

Speaking of points...you have apparently developed such a feeling of personal animosity towards Steve Prohm that you feel comfortable calling anyone who might support him still a "moron" (speaking of exaggeration), yet I'm the one who is behaving all "holier than thou."

Yep, keep self-awareness at the top of your next Christmas list. Better yet, in case you have a birthday between now and then, put it on your birthday list.

"Moron" indeed.

tenor.gif

This is who I think of every time I read your posts

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
People are just beating a dead horse. We know the team isn't good, we know Steve isn't getting replaced until the end of the season at the earliest. Be nice for people to give it a rest.

• Winner
Reactions: bozclone

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
I've been a huge fan of Twitter but the last few weeks have been absolutely eye opening. Start a group text with your buddies and *****, just don't feel the need to go out onto a public forum and $hit all over the team. I don't care of you @ a player or not, it's still a really bad look. Oh, and if you are hiding behind an anonymous account you are a giant Pu$$$$.

I agree with you...but the last part...aren't you kinda hiding behind an anonymous account here? I mean, unless you are Bill Brasky...in which case I apologize.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Maybe just like cap it off at 10 posts? Or maybe throw out some future vision? Who would you get to replace Prohm? How does their style or results reflect why you would want them over Prohm? Maybe talk about why the direction of being angry is the direction that fans should take. Idk...just some thoughts.

Here's what I don't get about all of this: You're crazy if you think Prohm is going anywhere until after next season. Even then I'd be surprised. It'd have to be a total meltdown both years.

This year's team is what it is. Why are people getting pissed off? It's obvious at this point we aren't going to play a meaningful game until the Big 12 tourney, not because that tourney is super important, but winning 4 games down there is going to be the only way ISU gets in the tourney. At this point it's about watching the development of the young guys and getting to see a true phenom in TH.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I deleted twitter. I unsubscribed from the In State Rivals board and the Politics board here. Trust me, do it and you'll enjoy the fresh air.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Here's what I don't get about all of this: You're crazy if you think Prohm is going anywhere until after next season. Even then I'd be surprised. It'd have to be a total meltdown both years.

This year's team is what it is. Why are people getting pissed off? It's obvious at this point we aren't going to play a meaningful game until the Big 12 tourney, not because that tourney is super important, but winning 4 games down there is going to be the only way ISU gets in the tourney. At this point it's about watching the development of the young guys and getting to see a true phenom in TH.

And if you know anything about JP, you know this will just make him dig in.

• Agree
Reactions: BryceC