Wake the F up Cyclone Nation

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm pretty ignorant about twitter, I hardly use it, but isn't it true that someone can @ someone a message from someone else. So even if you don't intend for a coach or player to see something, someone else can pass that along just to be an @ss.

I honestly wouldn't want to be on twitter if I was a player. You are going to get sh!t from fans no matter what, and in a season like this I'm sure it is brutal.

You can also direct message them. Direct messages can't be searched. If you think someone like our resident Kansas State/Iowa fan (jerse) is not direct message players and coaches on twitter, I have some ocean front property in Iowa to sell you.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I'm pretty ignorant about twitter, I hardly use it, but isn't it true that someone can @ someone a message from someone else. So even if you don't intend for a coach or player to see something, someone else can pass that along just to be an @ss.

I honestly wouldn't want to be on twitter if I was a player. You are going to get sh!t from fans no matter what, and in a season like this I'm sure it is brutal.
You can. I agree with you, probably best to stay off social media during the season unless you're like Georges Niang tier at it. Otherwise nothing good come from it.

• Dislike
Reactions: CyDude16

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So you feel OK with calling the players idiots?

I guess not anymore. Back when I played we got called alot worse than this everytime we screwed something up and I guarantee we wouldnt have heard the last of it if we didnt do what the coach instructed with the game on the line.

We would also realize at the end of the game when we personally made a boneheaded play and would use that as motivation to not let it happen again.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I guess not anymore. Back when I played we got called alot worse than this everytime we screwed something up and I guarantee we wouldnt have heard the last of it if we didnt do what the coach instructed with the game on the line.

We would also realize at the end of the game when we personally made a boneheaded play and would use that as motivation to not let it happen again.
Can you link your stat line?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You can also direct message them. Direct messages can't be searched. If you think someone like our resident Kansas State/Iowa fan (jerse) is not direct message players and coaches on twitter, I have some ocean front property in Iowa to sell you.

I dont have a Twitter account and never will so its best to leave this one alone unless you have proof.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Link to me personally attacking players or Prohm on Twitter or Facebook. I wont deny to posting on Facebook a few times over the years, but the worst thing I've said is we need to get Hoiberg back and keep Prohm on as lead recruiter.
But what's the point of that? Do you think Pollard is going to read your comment, and then consider that a possibility?
For one thing, it doesn't make much sense. Do you honestly think Prohm is going to stay on if Hoiberg comes back? It's pretty crazy to think Hoiberg comes back, but it's way out there to say Prohm should stay on.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

This **** is hilarious.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I dont have a Twitter account and never will so its best to leave this one alone unless you have proof.
Who's going to believe a guy that says he's not going to post negatively about this staff, and then literally blows that up within what, weeks?

• Agree
Reactions: Doc and CyDude16

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Where exactly did you play?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I havent looked for Conditt, but when I checked last night after Zions tweet I hadn't seen anyone at all tweeting at him.

Fans are going to have opinions about their sports teams. If you go out looking for them after losses and dont have thick skin you should probably get off Twitter.

I kinda think adults need to act like, I dunno - ADULTS.

Any idiot that lives vicariously thru 18-10 year old college kids has a small, shallow life.

Any idiots that tweet garbage at our coaches and players are cowards.

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
I’m not a twitter expert but I looked up the players and couldn’t find anything nasty tweeted at them. Maybe I’m wrong but I couldn’t find it.

But if you think the worst loss for isu in a long time followed up by a loss against tcu wouldn’t prompt tweets ABOUT prohm and the team then grow up.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I don't believe you. So I won't leave it alone.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
But what's the point of that? Do you think Pollard is going to read your comment, and then consider that a possibility?
For one thing, it doesn't make much sense. Do you honestly think Prohm is going to stay on if Hoiberg comes back? It's pretty crazy to think Hoiberg comes back, but it's way out there to say Prohm should stay on.
TJ and Steve on the road and Fred drawing up the Xs and Os is a given.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Just STOP people! It's really that simple.

It's not just Twitter or FB or whatever. It's also what we post & say on here. You really think these players don't look at CF or other sites?

The ISU fan base is starting to resemble Iowa's. As long as things are going well, great. Once there are some setbacks though, then all the "in their mind only experts" come out and attack the coaches, players, teams, AD etc., that they claim to support as "true" fans. What a crock of ****!

I would be willing to bet that over 99% of ISU fans commenting have never been a P5 or P6 coach or played P5 or P6 sports at any time in their lives, yet they think they know what should be done with players, coaches, in-game strategy....whatever. Just take a moment and think how asinine that is. In your job, how would you react to criticism of how you were doing it from someone who had never been close to doing the same job?

We want these players to listen to the coaches, respect the coaches, and execute what the coaches want. Then players see comments from "fans" about how bad the coach is, he can't make adjustments, so and so should be playing more or less, yadda-yadda b.s.

Don't ever tweet at players, coaches, or recruits unless it is something positive or supportive. That should not be too hard for any true fan to do. If you can't do that, then don't tweet at all. Be supportive. It's that simple.

Once last thing I want to say...the criticism of CSP and how he is doing is un-warrented. Don't be stupid. Just look at the players this program has lost over the last couple of years, let alone those they have lost since CSP got here. Where are most of those players now? In the NBA, G league or overseas making decent coin. Unless the program is a blue blood (or maybe Gonzaga or Texas Tech) it can't just always reload. Plus recruiting is a crapshoot. Do you think Prohm saw Lindell or THT leaving after a year or two when he signed them? Imagine if they were still on this team how much different it would be. But that is just what every program has to deal with in today's world. Prohm has shown he can recruit. He just has to be able to hang on to them for 3 or 4 years to develop them & the program. Maybe he needs to figure out what kept Ejim, Monte, Niang, Naz and others here 4 years, and what made Clyburn, Nader, McKay, Burton, BDJ and others want to transfer here in the first place.

These players and coaches need our support, not our criticism. There is talent there....support ifT and stop bring such idiots. Put yourself in the place of the coaches and players. What do you need from fans? Think before you mouth off and put in "your two cents" (which is actually more than your opinion is worth). THINK BEFORE POST!

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’m not a twitter expert but I looked up the players and couldn’t find anything nasty tweeted at them. Maybe I’m wrong but I couldn’t find it.

But if you think the worst loss for isu in a long time followed up by a loss against tcu wouldn’t prompt tweets ABOUT prohm and the team then grow up.

Again, people can be directly messaged. And, if you aren't an expert, then I'm not sure why you think you could find it.

If you think that fans tweeting at and/or messaging players and coaches solves anything then YOU need to grow up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron