Wake the F up Cyclone Nation

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Again, they’ll still see it without tweeting at them. That’s the thing about algorithms.

We can’t claim to be better than other fans when this happens.

Carry on making excuses for the reactionary ******* on social media.

'reactionary'?

The trendlines are clear. It isn't just one game. He's getting criticism because we are headed for the second terrible season in 3 years and just had one of the worst losses in program history earlier in the week. Under Prohm we have squandered almost all the momentum gained prior to his arrival instead of maintaining or even building upon it.

That isn't 'reactionary'. It's the facts for anyone paying attention. Guess what, if we end up firing prohm after a year (I assume he won't be fired this year) there will probably be players unhappy with that too- but it is division 1 basketball, it is a business.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Neat.

No one should be tweeting at players. But Steve prohm makes millions and it isn't to finish in the bottom of the big 12 like we look like we are headed for the second time in 3 years. Fans are going to express opinions on that at every single program - and we are probably one of the better ones about it. If a player doesn't have thick enough skin for that they shouldn't be on Twitter.
I will agree on ISU's situation because this team needs to wake up. They're soft. Doesn't mean it's justified for people to be D-bags but it's on the guys to change this season's projection.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
At least our players didn't go this route:
View attachment 69561
This is exactly what I thought of when I saw the players tweeting. Was happy they didn't go this route but was little concerned because Zach McCabe isn't the type of player you want on your team. A bad basketball player who was soft enough to let everyone and anyone get in his head.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Honestly what are you gaining by tweeting at Prohm, or posting anywhere on social media, your disgust with the program? I get that's how some people vent after a loss, but it only has negative effects.
And I get that it's not reasonable to have only sunshine and rainbows, but calling out players, and calling for the coach to be fired when it's only half way thru the season, and after one conference game, is a bit much.

You can discuss things like the strategy of foul/ not foul, whether it was supposed happen or not, offense/ defense execution, etc without calling out players, or demanding a coach get fired.

Reactions: CyDude16

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Funny thing about twitter is usually the people that talk the most crap don't use their real name; just hide behind a fake name like a gigantic *****

So just like every message board ever? There's no difference.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
******** post negative **** on twitter all the time and ISU has it's fair share of ******* fans just like everybody else. I would love it if we didn't and we were just the best damn fan base on the planet that spews nothing but sunshine, rainbows, and lollipops but that's not the case. Maybe some of our fans just need to accept that as a whole, we're not this bunch of holier than thou pure hearted folk. Tweeting bull ish at players and coaches isn't ok but it's not going to stop.

• Agree
Reactions: Final42b

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
And I get that it's not reasonable to have only sunshine and rainbows, but calling out players, and calling for the coach to be fired when it's only half way thru the season, and after one conference game, is a bit much.

You can discuss things like the strategy of foul/ not foul, whether it was supposed happen or not, offense/ defense execution, etc without calling out players, or demanding a coach get fired.
What if you want the coach fired

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Heat of the game thread man, you think that was smart basketball? Or how about last year at the K-State game?

Jesus Christ, I think it is time you let last year's Kansas State game go. I know it was disappointing to you since we ultimately WON that game, but for ****'s sake.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and CyTwins

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
What if you want the coach fired
That's fine, but what's the point of screaming for it on January 4th? It ain't happening now, or any time before the middle of March.
Do people think if they keep calling for it, then there's going to be some protest outside Hilton, and then Pollard will have to give them what they want. It's ultimately Pollard's decision, and multiple tweets, and posts are not going to make a difference.

Reactions: Cyched and CyDude16

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'm of two minds of this. One, if you are @ing people or the programs twitter accounts and sending hate that way then knock it the **** off. That's completely unneeded and nobody needs to turn on their phone after a game and get flooded with hate when they're mad they didn't win too. They know they're failing and going on social media to directly scream it at them along with insults doesn't help. Direct harassment has never helped anyone in any case ever.

On the other though, if the players are vanity searching or are jumping on social media right after a loss to see reactions then I feel less bad for them because they're actively looking for it, and there's no reason you should be other than stroke your own ego or get upset when you don't have to. The team is bad, people are mad, and they should know what they're going to find if they're out there searching for it. People are allowed to be mad at the piss poor product the team has been putting out and if the players are looking for that and getting mad over it then that's on them.

TLDR version of this; if you're directly harassing players/coaches/other figures, please stop. You're an *******. If people aren't doing that the players are looking for it then they need to focus on things other than social media outrage because winners don't do that.
I'm pretty ignorant about twitter, I hardly use it, but isn't it true that someone can @ someone a message from someone else. So even if you don't intend for a coach or player to see something, someone else can pass that along just to be an @ss.

I honestly wouldn't want to be on twitter if I was a player. You are going to get sh!t from fans no matter what, and in a season like this I'm sure it is brutal.

• Agree
Reactions: CoKane

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
That's fine, but what's the point of screaming for it on January 4th? It ain't happening now, or any time before the middle of March.
Do people think if they keep calling for it, then there's going to be some protest outside Hilton, and then Pollard will have to give them what they want. It's ultimately Pollard's decision, and multiple tweets, and posts are not going to make a difference.

And the decision is not going to be made now. No one fires a basketball coach in the middle of the season unless there are really bad legal issues going on.

Seriously, if you want the coach fired, you are best served by staying off of here, not watching games, and not going to games for the rest of the season.

If you think posting on here about firing Prohm or posting on the Iowa State basketball facebook page (check out comments to their posts) is going to motivate Jamie into firing him, you are sorely mistaken. The only thing it will motivate Jamie to do is dig deeper and want to keep him.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I havent looked for Conditt, but when I checked last night after Zions tweet I hadn't seen anyone at all tweeting at him.

Fans are going to have opinions about their sports teams. If you go out looking for them after losses and dont have thick skin you should probably get off Twitter.
Honestly all i did was pull up Twitter. I didn't have to go searching for the **** talk. We pride ourselves on being such great fans and always supporting the players and that's a big reason the players come to Ames. Now this is what they deal with.

• Useful
Reactions: Acowtnt

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
If you're upset about the product on the floor then stop donating, stop buying tickets and attending games, hell send direct emails to Pollard about your unhappiness. Venting on social media is childish whining (and I've done it too).