Is Lewis injured because

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not only is he a liability on offense, he was losing his man and failing to switch on screens time and time again last night. He looked lost defensively, the same critique of Lewis I keep hearing ad nauseam.

It's something else keeping Lewis off the court at this point. And if it's justified, fine, but prohm needs to just come out and suspend him if that's the case. I hope Lewis isn't back next year if prohm is.

Suspending Lewis would definitely calm all the haters down lol

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
He provides nothing from what I’ve seen
A player's +/- stats do not always appear in the box score, but I'm sure that the staff keeps track of them and puts a huge emphasis on how a player helps or hurts the team when he is on the floor. Last night , for example, Jackson has a +3 in his 28 minutes of playing time. If everyone else matched this number, we win going away. Like it or not, the team played better when he was on the floor.

In regards to Lewis, a few games ago he scored something like 10 points but had a -7 in terms of +/- when he was on the floor. He might have been putting up some points, but we were losing the game while he was doing so.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Suspending Lewis would definitely calm all the haters down lol
It would me. Something, anything definitive at this point would be nice. This is more similar to the lard situation last year when he came back from suspension and still wasn't playing, despite clearly being one of the better players on the team. No reason why, except "dog house"

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
A player's +/- stats do not always appear in the box score, but I'm sure that the staff keeps track of them and puts a huge emphasis on how a player helps or hurts the team when he is on the floor. Last night , for example, Jackson has a +3 in his 28 minutes of playing time. If everyone else matched this number, we win going away. Like it or not, the team played better when he was on the floor.

In regards to Lewis, a few games ago he scored something like 10 points but had a -7 in terms of +/- when he was on the floor. He might have been putting up some points, but we were losing the game while he was doing so.

On the season, Jackson is a -0.5 p/m. Lewis is +4.0. In addition, Jackson scores a little over 7 pts per 40 minutes. Lewis scores 19.8 per 40 minutes.

I can do this all day if you want...

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
It would me. Something, anything definitive at this point would be nice. This is more similar to the lard situation last year when he came back from suspension and still wasn't playing, despite clearly being one of the better players on the team. No reason why, except "dog house"

Prohm holds grudges against players like this. Even if you pay your dues and do everything right it doesnt matter, your minutes and role will be cut.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Lol, umm, how about Lard and Talley last year. Lewis this year and possibly last. Its blatantly obvious to anyone how Prohm operates. He suspends guys for stuff detrimental to the team, then when the guy does everything right and returns to the team they barely see the floor again even though they deserve minutes.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol, umm, how about Lard and Talley last year. Lewis this year and possibly last. Its blatantly obvious to anyone how Prohm operates. He suspends guys for stuff detrimental to the team, then when the guy does everything right and returns to the team they barely see the floor again even though they deserve minutes.

Lard was doing everything right last year? Lol leave basketball talk to the adults

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol, you're clueless, explain why Prohm finally realized he was our best big in the very last game of the season against Ohio State.

Lard played 19 minutes vs Ohio State. He played 20+ min in 5 of our conference games

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lol, you're clueless, explain why Prohm finally realized he was our best big in the very last game of the season against Ohio State.

Lard not getting 2 fouls in like 30 seconds likely kept him in the game.

That errant unnecessary behind the back pass in the pivotal parts of the end of the game though. Wonder why he couldn't be trusted to play more.

Why didn't BDJ play more for Fred?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Lard is here, plays more, and has less public issues if Hoiberg is here.

Wigginton starts and I’m willing to bet stays if Hoibergs his coach.

How can we look at the two similarly?

Jameel McKay, who had personal issues, was an elite player under Hoiberg and very average, if not worse, under Prohm.

Hoiberg let the bad boys go as long as they got their **** handled on the court. Prohm wants to build character before he lets them see the court.

If this is how Prohm wants to be, that’s fine by me. But maybe stop recruiting the T-Lews, Leeches, Anderson’s if they’re poor attitudes outweigh any talent and lead to a waste of a scholarship

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lard is here, plays more, and has less public issues if Hoiberg is here.

Wigginton starts and I’m willing to bet stays if Hoibergs his coach.

How can we look at the two similarly?

Jameel McKay, who had personal issues, was an elite player under Hoiberg and very average, if not worse, under Prohm.

Hoiberg let the bad boys go as long as they got their **** handled on the court. Prohm wants to build character before he lets them see the court.

If this is how Prohm wants to be, that’s fine by me. But maybe stop recruiting the T-Lews, Leeches, Anderson’s if they’re poor attitudes outweigh any talent and lead to a waste of a scholarship

Lewis, Leech and Anderson had/have poor attitudes?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I really don't give a **** if Jackson, Grill, and Griffin play like LeBron, Steph, and Kawhi in practice. In the actual games they turn into second-half Uthoffs. Give me the guy who actually produces IN THE GAME. Prohm is mishandling this worse than the Wigginton fiasco. Apparently he did not learn from that.
get him Maclowney

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I have a very difficult time believing Lewis isn't playing solely because of his defense.

He could've been put on a 25% 3 point shooter and let him go 6/8 yesterday while doing something productive on offense. He was never given that opportunity.

Yes Lewis has played so well in his time here over the last 2+ years

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron