Would you rather

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Going winless and firing your coach sounds like any awesome way to completely tank whatever was left of your program, lose your recruiting class, and hire yet another mid-major coach for a full 0-100 rebuild including at least another season or two of pathetic games. Is the grass really greener on that risk?

Now, if you somehow make a big-splash hire and keep a good incoming class, that's a different story. We'd be paying out a spendy buyout and a spendy new contract in that scenario, though, which seems unlikely for us to do.

• Winner
Reactions: Sigmapolis

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
A coaching change won’t happen at the end of this year. If the program misses the tournament 3 out of 4 years and we have a coaching change then everything that was built from 2010-2015 is completely erased. Everyone should be cheering for this thing to get turned around. I just don’t think it is going to happen.

I will say that there was much better movement with the four guards and I think Prentiss Nixon really played within himself. The coaching staff just did a piss poor job with roster construction. I know they missed on a couple of transfer but you need a shooter to compliment Conditt and Halliburton and we don’t have it.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
But to quote Matt Campbell, "******** teams care about 6-6 teams." So according to Coach Campbell, option B would still still a ******** team because 6 wins.

Matt Campbell was also talking about an entirely different sport where 6 wins paints a completely different picture, lol

• Informative
Reactions: WastedTalent

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm not going to hope we go winless.

But the question is certainly valid if we'd be better off biting the bullet and firing him after this year instead of waiting, because the writing is on the wall that his days are numbered.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CyBobby

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I hope you're the only one who votes the first option. idk how you could want that for the players.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I didn’t add “make everything perfect somehow” as an option for obvious reasons

There's a subset of this fanbase that roots for losing out to prove their point and dreads the chance we catch fire because it goes against their anti-CSP narrative.

I saw TJ is winning tonight but has a losing record this year.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
I was actually just thinking about this earlier today.
I voted for 6 wins. Pull that off this year and next, might be looking at a possible coaching change. Completely tanking would just wreck the program.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

But the question is certainly valid if we'd be better off biting the bullet and firing him after this year instead of waiting, because the writing is on the wall that his days are numbered.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...es-325000-raise-part-new-contract/3428416002/

Four days after Iowa State’s loss against Ohio State in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, Iowa State announced a three-year contract extension for Prohm through June 30, 2025.

He's not going anywhere for a few years, JP already a lot money going to other projects. I think he'd avoid spending it on a buyout at almost any cost.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

Prohm may very well be terrible, and eventually fired, but to say it's definitive right now is a little bit of a reach. He got run off the court against a rival, and lost to one of the worst division 1 teams, but those are just two games. His fate will be determined by a much larger sample.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Prohm may very well be terrible, and eventually fired, but to say it's definitive right now is a little bit of a reach. He got run off the court against a rival, and lost to one of the worst division 1 teams, but those are just two games. His fate will be determined by a much larger sample.
It’s not been 1 or 2 games, it’s been much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.