ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
If your criteria for a good coaching hire is just hiring what coach was "hot" at the time, then Hoiberg, Rhoads and Prohm were all bad hires.

The reality is Rhoads, McD, Chiz were all terrible hires. Hoiberg was a home run hire (even those on paper he was the absolute worst hire) and the jury is out on CMC and Prohm.
Kind of shows how hard it is to get the right fit for a University. I think Jaime has tried to find the best coach that's also the best fit for Iowa State. From that standpoint I think all his hires made sense at the time...except for maybe CGC...as I'm not sure he wasn't more of an SEC crony than an ISU family-fit kind of guy.

• Agree
Reactions: PeacefulRival

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who were pollard's other candidates at the time? Was it sticking his neck out if nobody was interested? Was it sticking his neck out to hire the Mayor of Ames?

Not sure why you take posts so personally. Back to Ignore Member for you.

You're right nobody would want to coach at Iowa State lol

• Agree
Reactions: HawkFan1
P

PeacefulRival

You're right nobody would want to coach at Iowa State lol

Who were the other candidates at the time? Just trying to establish if JP really put his neck on the line with CFH hire. My perception is CFH was a gift from a well known alum rather than a splash hire that JP deserves so much credit for. JP was a tremendous factor in CFH leaving.

You and a few of your other cohorts resort to the same strategy when you don't have a response. The "Let's play the guess his previous username game!" gets kind of old.

• Dumb
  • Creative
Reactions: JP4CY and NWICY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who were the other candidates at the time? Just trying to establish if JP really put his neck on the line with CFH hire. My perception is CFH was a gift from a well known alum rather than a splash hire that JP deserves so much credit for. JP was a tremendous factor in CFH leaving.

You and a few of your other cohorts resort to the same strategy when you don't have a response. The "Let's play the guess his previous username game!" gets kind of old.

Nobody is guessing your previous username anymore Benji

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Why would you care either way?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Woof

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I see Chris Williams is calling out ISU fans and telling them not to be such bad fans. This on the heels of Jamie Pollard doing the same thing. Did Chris get his marching orders from Jamie, or is he just following his lead by coincidence?

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I see Chris Williams is calling out ISU fans and telling them not to be such bad fans. This on the heels of Jamie Pollard doing the same thing. Did Chris get his marching orders from Jamie, or is he just following his lead by coincidence?
Why do you care one way or the other?

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines

I just spoke with my sister-in-law who worked in the athletic office at the time, and she said the 4 finalists, in no particular order, were Fred Hoiberg, John Calipari, Roy Williams, and Jay Wright.

P

PeacefulRival

I just spoke with my sister-in-law who worked in the athletic office at the time, and she said the 4 finalists, in no particular order, were Fred Hoiberg, John Calipari, Roy Williams, and Jay Wright.

I love it! JP made the wrong decision then!