Will we see a different starting lineup today?

Will we see a different starting lineup vs TCU today?

• YES

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • NO

Votes: 78 80.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
What'd they say?

I'll butcher it, but to keep it simple:
• we are an incomplete roster
• we can't score going small
• we can't rebound going big
• Jacobson can't guard the 4
• the freshman just aren't ready
• Conditt needs more minutes
even if a different lineup would fix things (which no one is sure it will) they can't play 40 minutes

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Haven’t proved we can be shoot well enough to go small. Haven’t consistently rebounded and score effectively when we go big. Not sure what line up change makes any difference. Just need to better in all facets to be in any of these games.
I agree with this 100%. We just do not have enough talent to change the lineup and make an improvement.
I do think Lewis needs more minutes. Just hope his offense offsets his other liabilities. If it doesn't, take him out.
Have no idea what to expect today. Sometimes a bad loss gets you focused. I think the range of possibilities are a close win to a blowout loss.

Cyclone5234

Nov 29, 2018
Indiana
Not picking nits.

Load management is a thing in basketball at the NBA level if you haven't heard. That affects starting lineups at times.

In baseball even a change of the batting lineup is viewed as a change even if the field players P/ DH are the same.

In soccer any change to the 11 is seen as a change. Same in Hockey even if one of your best players is a healthy scratch.

So ask a better question. Or at least a question that communicates to me your understanding of the Haliburton nuance in this situation. Rather than will there be a lineup change. Because it will be from the last time out.

You must be fun at parties.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
You must be fun at parties.

You came to the conclusion that I must suck to party with, because I pointed out that the OP's question didn't need thread?

Yes there will be a lineup change by any measure of lineup change that exists. So what are we talking about? About how I am right, but I needed to be more empathetic to the OP and read into what he is saying? It was a bad question, because he already knew the answer he just didn't think about it before he asked

You and the OP are the two that would suck to party with Snowflakes!

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
You came to the conclusion that I must suck to party with, because I pointed out that the OP's question didn't need thread?

Yes there will be a lineup change by any measure of lineup change that exists. So what are we talking about? About how I am right, but I needed to be more empathetic to the OP and read into what he is saying? It was a bad question, because he already knew the answer he just didn't think about it before he asked

You and the OP are the two that would suck to party with Snowflakes!

since we are blasting bad questions and statements, would you care to untangle that last sentence?

• Funny
Reactions: Doc and CloneIce

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Nope zero chance. Prohm didn’t even change the lineup last year when his second best player was on the bench. I don’t see why he’d do anything different this year. We will win or lose with the lineup Prohm picks from day 1. That’s just how it works with him.

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
I agree with this 100%. We just do not have enough talent to change the lineup and make an improvement.
I do think Lewis needs more minutes. Just hope his offense offsets his other liabilities. If it doesn't, take him out.
Have no idea what to expect today. Sometimes a bad loss gets you focused. I think the range of possibilities are a close win to a blowout loss.
I would love to platoon Lewis because he really isn’t very good on defense.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
These are the types of fundamentally flawed posts on CF I have grown to hate over the years.

Yes! With Haliburton back we will see a different starting lineup than Tues night.

If the OP wants a better answer than ask a better question. I understand that there is nuance in the situation, but the question and poll don't reflect that

Useless post. Everyone knows what the OP means. Question was phrased perfectly and is on the mind of most fans. Some people try so hard on cyfan to be snarky that we have to endure drivel like this.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
No, but he should. Why not? Things aren’t working. Conditt for sure; and Young if you want to go big and Lewis or Griffin if want to try small.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My favorite thing to track is how often the opposing team scores out of these defensive TOs.

Tuesday there was TO prior to an inbounds, took a long time, team huddle prior, and had to take a TO from not being able to inbound the ball.

I don't need some spectacular scoring play. Just get the ball in play.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Looks like Hack-a-Luka might of worked better for us......Luka missed free throws about to give Penn St. a game. Who am I kidding? anyone would hit 100% free throws against us.

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
Nope zero chance. Prohm didn’t even change the lineup last year when his second best player was on the bench. I don’t see why he’d do anything different this year. We will win or lose with the lineup Prohm picks from day 1. That’s just how it works with him.
It took half a season for Frosh Solomon to get in the rotation, Darrell Bowie, Zoran Talley, both saw their roles change significantly through their Sr seasons.
Yes Prohm is slower to change than most fans would like. But to act as if the starting lineup at the start of the season is what we're stuck with for the whole season is asinine.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dingus

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
First time I've seen Iowa maybe...surprised Kriner didn't nail that three from about half court.

Their little guard, 1 is pretty strong and controlled.

PSU's big dude looks like he's about 36.

• Creative
Reactions: cygrads

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
It took half a season for Frosh Solomon to get in the rotation, Darrell Bowie, Zoran Talley, both saw their roles change significantly through their Sr seasons.
Yes Prohm is slower to change than most fans would like. But to act as if the starting lineup at the start of the season is what we're stuck with for the whole season is asinine.
I’m not saying he has never done it before but to think he would do it with this years roster when he didn’t even do it for Wigginton is probably blind hope. He doesn’t really have the roster or bench to make changes.

I want him to make a change to the starting lineup as much as the next guy because I don’t think the Mike/Solo lineup is working but what can you even do? It’s not like Tre, Caleb, Zion or Lewis have earned a starting spot. Conditt is the only you can make an argument for. This is a broken roster if you just want to be honest about things.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lyon309Cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron