****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Hunter is starting to set his official visits... I am sure the staff would like to get one set for Ames now that he broke the seal.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five-big-decisions-ahead

"One of the biggest revelations of the fall has been how good Hunter Sallis is. As myself and Corey Evans have written, he's a legit candidate for a move to five-star status and in my mind he would move into at least the top five of the 2021 point guard group if we were to redo rankings today.

After fall unofficial visits to Iowa, Iowa State and Missouri -- who have all offered -- Sallis is set to take his first official visit. On the weekend of Nov. 8th, Sallis will head to Nebraska -- where he has been unofficially -- for an official visit with Fred Hoiberg and his crew.

No other visits are set just yet, but Sallis' recruitment is starting to pick up. Oregon has been in plenty and should be by this week. Kansas has jumped in while Alabama, Arkansas and Ohio State have each offered in the last month. Of course hometown Creighton is very involved as well and I'm expecting many more high level programs to come calling very soon."

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Hunter is starting to set his official visits... I am sure the staff would like to get one set for Ames now that he broke the seal.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five-big-decisions-ahead

"One of the biggest revelations of the fall has been how good Hunter Sallis is. As myself and Corey Evans have written, he's a legit candidate for a move to five-star status and in my mind he would move into at least the top five of the 2021 point guard group if we were to redo rankings today.

After fall unofficial visits to Iowa, Iowa State and Missouri -- who have all offered -- Sallis is set to take his first official visit. On the weekend of Nov. 8th, Sallis will head to Nebraska -- where he has been unofficially -- for an official visit with Fred Hoiberg and his crew.

No other visits are set just yet, but Sallis' recruitment is starting to pick up. Oregon has been in plenty and should be by this week. Kansas has jumped in while Alabama, Arkansas and Ohio State have each offered in the last month. Of course hometown Creighton is very involved as well and I'm expecting many more high level programs to come calling very soon."

Impossible, Fred hates recruiting.

• Funny
Reactions: Halincandenza

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
@ebosshoops 2021 guard Hunter Sallis had Iowa State (full staff), Kansas and NC State in to see him this evening. Kansas has now offered a scholarship.

• Informative
Reactions: CyPunch

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
“ Top 20 junior Kendall Brown and Bel Aire (Kans.) Sunrise Christian were never really tested during a blowout win over Houston (Texas) Yates.

Over the years, Yates has been a Texas powerhouse because of their pressing, high octane style. On Friday, Brown and Sunrise turned that defense into a layup and wide open jump shot drill.

Brown is a big time athlete, causes problems with his 6-foot-7 size and long arms and is just as good defensively as he is as a slasher and transition finisher. Bottom line he's making positive strides after moving from Minnesota and showed why programs like Arkansas, Baylor, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Marquette, Maryland, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Wake Forest among others.”
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...-hoopfest-five-star-jalen-green-more-show-out

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Hmmm....

@jakeweingarten Tennessee staff and assistants from Florida State and Iowa State, will be in today for five-star guard Kennedy Chandler, a source told @Stockrisers

@jakeweingarten Kentucky’s John Calipari and an assistant will be in tonight for five-star guard Kennedy Chandler, a source told @Stockrisers Doesn’t currently hold an offer from the Wildcats.

.https://247sports.com/Player/Kennedy-Chandler-46058292/

• Informative
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Snydes and CyPunch

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
6’7” Aussie guard interest

Giddey currently claims scholarship offers from Arizona, Baylor, Colorado, Ohio State, Oklahoma and TCU. He also noted that he’s receiving interest from Louisville, Marquette, Georgetown and Iowa State. At this point he doesn’t have any other visits set up.

Since Giddey is currently stationed overseas he isn’t currently ranked by 247Sports, but he’s tracking as a potential four-star prospect and a top 100 recruit.

https://247sports.com/college/baske...Oklahoma-TCU-Louisville-Iowa-State-140825081/

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Four-star junior Kowacie Reeves Jr. is emerging as a national priority. Already ranked in the Top-50 of the 2021 class. Recently talked with him.

Iowa State and Tennessee plan to see him in the coming days. Louisville also getting involved.

Virginia Tech and Texas offered.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kowacie-Reeves-46055460/

@RivalsDan Pebblebrook leads Westside Macon 37-26 at half here at @ClassicToc, but Kowacie Reeves (@wacie_wacie) has been awesome for Westside. One of the best shooters in the 2021 class nationally. Clemson, FSU, Louisville, Iowa St, Tennessee and Texas here watching. Texas recently offered

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I mean, except we have 2 quality recruits from the SE in the 2020 class.

who have yet to play a game for ISU. 1 of which tbd if he’ll even make it to ISU. I’m excited about those kids but, off the top off my head, Leech, Anderson, Jackson, Lard, Carter are the SE kids ISU has landed. All varying degrees of success and a lot more SE kids they missed

i just wish this staff would target areas we’ve historically had success in (Wisconsin, Illinois) as its much easier to get those kids to Ames.

• Winner
Reactions: Baseline23

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
who have yet to play a game for ISU. 1 of which tbd if he’ll even make it to ISU. I’m excited about those kids but, off the top off my head, Leech, Anderson, Jackson, Lard, Carter are the SE kids ISU has landed. All varying degrees of success and a lot more SE kids they missed

i just wish this staff would target areas we’ve historically had success in (Wisconsin, Illinois) as its much easier to get those kids to Ames.
Leech was out of Missouri. But that's fair, I just don't think they should be blamed for recruiting the southeast, while still having their hands in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois (which they do). Just because we have missed on some SE players, doesn't mean we should give up in the region. We have had misses in every region of the country maybe outside of outside of the west coast cause we don't touch there haha

• Winner
Reactions: Kurttr