Instant reaction podcast...

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
So what you are saying is when we pull off a good win it's a result of a player or two doing exceptional things but when we lose it's because the coach has no clue what he is doing. Makes total sense now.
Well, that is often true with poorly coached teams.

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
"Oh yeah ? Well, Iowa sucks !!!" That won't get you any dates. Can we just talk about our team, please? Besides, if OU and Texas leave for the SEC, we will be in either the Mountain West or the new Great Plains league (recruiting against NDSU - which may be tougher).

• Dislike
Reactions: CyTwins

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Do you see the 'time out after a made bucket' thing coming into the discussion?

Has always seemed like an odd thing to do in something like basketball where rhythm is a big deal, especially in a place like Hilton that's always waiting for the momentum to shift.

ISU fans (me included) used to make fun of Scott Drew doing that at Baylor. Only a few seasons ago. (I haven't paid attention if Drew still does the kill-your-own-momentum TO in recent years).

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
I slept like a rock last night. I was on here a lot after but really wasn't shocked at all for whatever reason.

Iowa is a mediocre team. That mediocre teaming handed Iowa State their asses on a platter continuously for 40 straight minutes, on our floor. I pointed out that this was a sign of bad things to come, but nobody would hear it. Heck, there was still talk of an NCAA Tournament appearance! Anyway, after the Iowa I was fully expecting a loss to a bad team. That is why I didn't "melt down" after the Florida A&M loss. I was saddened, but not angered.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think you know that if you're looking for berating, and ripping as another suggested, you're reading the wrong writers.

Him "berating" the head coach would be unprofessional and he wouldn't do it because it's the wrong thing to do, regardless of what people here think. The guy did go to J school.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Iowa is a mediocre team. That mediocre teaming handed Iowa State their asses on a platter continuously for 40 straight minutes, on our floor. I pointed out that this was a sign of bad things to come, but nobody would hear it. Heck, there was still talk of an NCAA Tournament appearance! Anyway, after the Iowa I was fully expecting a loss to a bad team. That is why I didn't "melt down" after the Florida A&M loss. I was saddened, but not angered.

Iowa is currently #23 in the NET ranking. They aren't mediocre. If they had JBo all year they'd be in the tourney easy. I still expect them to get there.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think you know that if you're looking for berating, and ripping as another suggested, you're reading the wrong writers.

I expect plenty of serious concern and criticism to be expressed by the CF guys this week. "Berating," no, but authentic analysis, yes. Unlike many on this site, the staff can express concern and criticism without going nuclear. Their brand of analysis from a fan's perspective without losing it is what makes them so special as journalists.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Boy I wish Bolton could go left. Just to keep the defense honest, but he always gets back to that right hand.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I expect plenty of serious concern and criticism to be expressed by the CF guys this week. "Berating," no, but authentic analysis, yes. Unlike many on this site, the staff can express concern and criticism without going nuclear. Their brand of analysis from a fan's perspective without losing it is what makes them so special as journalists.
I mean they have a line they can’t cross or they lose access I’d say.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I mean they have a line they can’t cross or they lose access I’d say.

They mess with that line all the time. And better yet, because they have relationships, they actually get away with asking things that other reporters can't. We get so much more information about good and bad things because of the nature of the relationship CW has with the coaches.

• Optimistic
Reactions: simply1

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I heard that there was a podcast, but the FCC wasn't comfortable with all the swearing
vauEUgn.gif