Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You said Frederick walking on at Iowa was a "basic recruiting strategy"

CJ walking on at Iowa was a recruiting coup. I mean you get a kid this good to agree to pay out of state tuition over taking full ride scholarships to P6 schools, that is great. It all worked out for everyone, because Iowa had a transfer, and CJ got a scholarship right away. He was always going to be on scholarship as soon as one was available though, it wasn't like CJ ever thought it would be more than a year he would be paying for.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Hows the rest of Iowa's noncon look in the Quad rankings? I imagine Tech is still a decent W but after that the ISU W is probably better than the rest so far?
Syracuse is actually a better win than ISU at the moment. Cincinnati is ranked higher in the net but was on a neutral court. Texas Tech a quad 1 neutral

Last edited:

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Should be a battle on Saturday against PSU. The Watkins/Garza matchup will be really fun to watch. Hopefully, Garza can wear him down and get him in foul trouble.

The Palestra is sold out for this game so it will be a much better atmosphere than playing in the Bryce Jordan Center.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Should be a battle on Saturday against PSU. The Watkins/Garza matchup will be really fun to watch. Hopefully, Garza can wear him down and get him in foul trouble.

The Palestra is sold out for this game so it will be a much better atmosphere than playing in the Bryce Jordan Center.

I don't get why PSU built that arena so damn big. PSU has been average at best and it seems to me PSU fans don't really care about bball. Granted their history doesn't help.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I don't get why PSU built that arena so damn big. PSU has been average at best and it seems to me PSU fans don't really care about bball. Granted their history doesn't help.

Never really thought about it I guess.

Wiki shows it opened in 1996 so not too long after they became members of the B1G.

But it always seems really empty when Iowa has played there in recent years.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Never really thought about it I guess.

Wiki shows it opened in 1996 so not too long after they became members of the B1G.

But it always seems really empty when Iowa has played there in recent years.

I haven't put much thought into but everytime you see a game from their it looks empty.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and HawkJRP

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Nice reach. But you flame the fires and change the subject anytime your narrative does not fit. Kind of a bad look honestly. Some of your favorites
Iowa basketball roster is bad and maybe 1 guy would play for ISU
This MSU writer thinks Iowa has a mid major roster and agree
Fran is terrible (He has shown me he can make adjustments this year, I am surprised)
Iowa Super bowl (seriously come on. You know most Iowa fans are just owning up to it because Bohannon said this, it is is fun)
Prohm is a better coach than Fran, well, not really.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nice reach. But you flame the fires and change the subject anytime your narrative does not fit. Kind of a bad look honestly. Some of your favorites
Iowa basketball roster is bad and maybe 1 guy would play for ISU
This MSU writer thinks Iowa has a mid major roster and agree
Fran is terrible (He has shown me he can make adjustments this year, I am surprised)
Iowa Super bowl (seriously come on. You know most Iowa fans are just owning up to it because Bohannon said this, it is is fun)
Prohm is a better coach than Fran, well, not really.
Your sentence structure sure is something.

Help Support Us

Become a patron