Drone Swarms Over Colorado and Nebraska

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
Mysterious drones have been flying over Colorado and Nebraska in recent weeks and authorities can't figure out who's behind the aircraft.

Deputies have spotted more than 16 unmanned drones flying in northeast Colorado after authorities received multiple reports of drone sightings last month, the sheriff's offices in Colorado's Yuma and Phillips counties said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/01/us/colorado-nebraska-drones-faa-trnd/index.html

Mapping terrain? Military exercise? Searching for lost warhead?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Mysterious drones have been flying over Colorado and Nebraska in recent weeks and authorities can't figure out who's behind the aircraft.

Deputies have spotted more than 16 unmanned drones flying in northeast Colorado after authorities received multiple reports of drone sightings last month, the sheriff's offices in Colorado's Yuma and Phillips counties said.

NE Colorado? Think I’ve seen lots of prisons while traveling that region. Or maybe it’s the new meth delivery method.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I was read about this a day or two ago. It seems they also move from county to county.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
The drone sightings started in northeast Colorado around mid-December and have only grown more widespread since then. Almost all the sightings have occurred between sunset and about 10 p.m., though Ms. Blackman said she had seen them out later one night in Nebraska and, for the first time on Wednesday, during daylight hours. She said she had looked at them through binoculars and did not see any markings, just plain silver and white coloring.

Across the state line in Colorado, Captain Yowell tried to photograph the drones on Tuesday night with the camera he uses to document crime scenes, but came away without a clear image. He estimated that up to 30 drones were flying each night, though not all in the same place.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/01/us/drones-FAA-colorado-nebraska.html

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The drone sightings started in northeast Colorado around mid-December and have only grown more widespread since then. Almost all the sightings have occurred between sunset and about 10 p.m., though Ms. Blackman said she had seen them out later one night in Nebraska and, for the first time on Wednesday, during daylight hours. She said she had looked at them through binoculars and did not see any markings, just plain silver and white coloring.

Across the state line in Colorado, Captain Yowell tried to photograph the drones on Tuesday night with the camera he uses to document crime scenes, but came away without a clear image. He estimated that up to 30 drones were flying each night, though not all in the same place.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/01/us/drones-FAA-colorado-nebraska.html

Clear image, like vampire drones?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
There are some Ag tech companies based out of Colorado. Something tells me it’s someone like that testing and collecting data. Drones are becoming huge in that industry.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Knowing first hand a couple of folks from that part of the country, I’m kind of surprised they haven’t been shot down or atleast shot at repeatedly.
Who's saying they haven't?
It's probably just a group of people having some fun using their drones to mess with people.
Or aliens scouting out locations for next years crop circles.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Are we talking "personal" drones like a DJI Phantom or like the big ones the military uses to drop bombs?

Saw an article from a Colorado paper saying wing spans of 6'. The fact they think they are that big but nobody has a picture or knows what or who is flying them makes me skeptical.

Tangent - today I first-flighted my new DJI Mavic Mini and tested some cam and video features. My first non-toy drone and lots of fun so far.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Drone swarms seem to be the way wars will be fought. People like to 'swing their big ol ****' but I'd rather have multiple drone swarms than one jet that costs $1 Billion. Just me though.