Replacement for Ruhle at Baylor?

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
I'm well aware of Baylor's history. They are an absolutely extreme example. To imply that other schools aren't looking hte other way on payments to recruits and not following everything to the letter of the law is naive at best...

What about UNI tho?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Art Briles?
I would picture his return to be something like this:

tumblr_p89u5bOKyE1r9t0yno8_r1_250.gifv

D

Deleted member 8507

Have to assume a guy like Joel Klatt has contacts who have seen the contract, either within Baylor or other ADs/NFL GMs who've inquired. But being a private university means Rhule's salary doesn't have to be public.
An insider on SicEm365 said Rhule is north of $6 million plus incentives.

g4ce

Feb 6, 2018
I love Campbell, but it's not even a competition between him and Ruhle as to who has done better at their current job. Like not even a little.

Do you know how difficult it is to change a losing culture and mindset to a winning one?

Look at Baylor's record before Rhule took over:

2012 8-5
2013 11-2 Big 12 Title
2014 11-2 Big 12 Title-Tied
2015 10-3
2016 7-6 (Grobe)

Not a single losing record in the 5 years prior to Rhule taking over and two Big 12 titles which means that he had guys on his team when he got there that knew what it took to win. ISU did not have that luxury when we hired Campbell.

On top of that, go look at the recruiting classes for those years:

Big 12 Rank for Recruiting classes
2012 - Baylor: 3 vs. ISU: 8
2013 - Baylor: 3 vs. ISU: 9
2014 - Baylor: 3 vs. ISU: 10
2015 - Baylor: 5 vs. ISU: 9
2016 - Baylor: 5 vs. ISU: 8

Last edited:

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I guess I don’t see it. Not because I don’t think Rhule would leave Baylor but because few NFL franchises will pay the buyout AND match the salary for an unproven guy at the next level.

I will cross my fingers and hope Baylor fumbles the replacement hiring.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I'm well aware of Baylor's history. They are an absolutely extreme example. To imply that other schools aren't looking hte other way on payments to recruits and not following everything to the letter of the law is naive at best...
Not nearly as naïve as thinking that Baylor is not cheating any worse than the average college university. We know that Baylor was willing to look the other way with Rape and sexual harassment. These were not separate and isolated incidents, but ripe through out the program.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/201...ayers-in-4-years-show-em-a-good-time-culture/

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
From all that I can tell and have seen he is very similar in coaching philosophy to Matt Campbell. Albeit with a different demeanor completely.

CEO style approach, loyal to his staff, builds and develops kids into the type of team/culture he envisions. Plus, he just went 11-2 with their only losses coming to OU.
I get that he did really well this year, and Baylor overachieved. But the guy was supposedly getting NFL offers both after Baylor hired him prior to his 1-11 season, and after said 1-11 season. The guy must be some kind of wizard

Reactions: srjclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Heard he called a meeting recently with the players and told them he’d be a fool not to listen if NFL teams wanted to talk to him.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

https://www.barstoolsports.com/newy...-exclusively-for-spitting-on#scrollToComments

You also cannot be a leader of men that will respect you if your clothes are bukakke'd with your own spit. Matt Rhule clearly knew this and solved the problem like any Football Guy would. He got himself a smock straight out of 3rd grade art class and can spit anywhere he wants without slowing down on the sideline one bit. If that isn't the mark of a sports CEO that can adjust on the fly, I don't know what is. Considering the Giants last coach never seemed ready to make even the most basic gameplan adjustments and was routinely bullied by the opposing coach into using timeouts, Rhule's ingenuity would clearly be a massive upgrade over what we just had. Plus the Maras can sell smocks with the old school GIANTS logo on them and watch the money pile up right next to the Lombardi trophies.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I love Campbell, but it's not even a competition between him and Ruhle as to who has done better at their current job. Like not even a little.

I think Ruhle has done better when you look solely at results, but it is most definitely a competition when you look at all the factors.