Reflection thread: What do you gain or Get personally from ISU being good at sports?

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I used to get really upset when ISU lost in sports (refused to go to school for several days in 2001 after the Hampton loss). Then I realized that your life shouldn’t ride on how well 19 year olds shoot a basketball or throw a football—-imagine if you rooted for the 19 year old kid making sandwiches at Subway the same way you do basketball or football.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
To answer the question, I get shared joy with my family, I get community, and sadly in this state, I get relief from the most annoying people on the planet, Hayden Fry cult members.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
When your school’s good at sports, it makes you feel good. Plus there’s an element of respect attached to it. People see you wearing the clothes of a good team, they typically (whether deserved or not) think a little more highly of you. And when you know your team is decent and has a chance to win (or be in) ever game, it gives you something to look forward to.

• Creative
Reactions: Macloney

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When your school’s good at sports, it makes you feel good. Plus there’s an element of respect attached to it. People see you wearing the clothes of a good team, they typically (whether deserved or not) think a little more highly of you. And when you know your team is decent and has a chance to win (or be in) ever game, it gives you something to look forward to.

I honestly have a hard time believing you think more highly of someone wearing a better teams shirt than a different teams.

I just get tired of the mouth breathers yapping non stop about the hawks and they are quieter when they lose.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Return on ongoing financial and emotional investment in my amateur. I enjoy watching them be successful.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
You only want to be a fan if we win?

I want to follow something interesting and have a good time doing it. Losing to terrible teams and watching the worst team in your conference is not interesting and not fun.

It's like asking, what do you get out of watching Game of Thrones? What do you get out of watching Star Wars? Some people are passionate about things and when it's not good they get upset or disappointed. This thread is seriously just dumb.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
It's my main hobby and the way the football season ended and the way basketball is going I'm going to need another hobby.

Reactions: STATE12

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
have we ever finished dead last in 2 of 3 years in mbb in the last 40 years?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron