"IT SUCKED": ISU suffers historic setback to Florida A&M at Hilton Coliseum

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
The man makes 1.5 million dollars. One. And. A. Half. Million. Dollars. It's his job to figure out how to put a competitive team on the floor.

I mean, ****, sign me up at a 1/3rd of that to trot some poorly coached, unmotivated team out there and blame it on a "rebuilding year". I can do that.

Some people act like Prohm is volunteering to coach 5th grade girls at the local Y. He gets 1.5 million dollars a year. The buck stops with him on the product he puts on the floor.

hes paid more than 1.5

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
The man makes 1.5 million dollars. One. And. A. Half. Million. Dollars. It's his job to figure out how to put a competitive team on the floor.

I mean, ****, sign me up at a 1/3rd of that to trot some poorly coached, unmotivated team out there and blame it on a "rebuilding year". I can do that.

Some people act like Prohm is volunteering to coach 5th grade girls at the local Y. He gets 1.5 million dollars a year. The buck stops with him on the product he puts on the floor.

2.3 mill im pretty sure. But your point still stands

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I haven't even watched the game tonight yet, but here is what I can guess happens when I watch it tomorrow based on the box score:

1. Everyone stood around while Bolton drove to the basket (wish they would have initiated that offense earlier with Hali outside) - we went to this in the 2nd half and was pretty effective
2. Does anyone know x's and O's on this staff? (Maybe I'm hyticritical on my a last statement? Ok.. probably not..)
3. There zero ******* excuses why we are still playing a 4 out 1 in with jacobson out and zero movement MJ and Solo were not good last night. We had a lot of turnovers trying to feed them low, but they couldn't get good position.
4. Conditt is playing great and is still not starting!??!?!!?!! Conditt was only slightly better than MJ and Solo last night
5. Oh it was new years Eve and we didn't show up and everything will fix itself tomorrow even though we haven't learned how to play defense for 5 years, can't learn a motion offense or can't make adjustments and just let seniors play because they are seniors.
6. Happy new year's!

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
https://www.amestrib.com/sports/201...nd-their-best-ever-decade-with-its-worst-loss

Anyone read Hines article? At the end he's implying that because our decade turned around because of a coach leaving that is the way things turn around for ISU?

I've been a prohm guy. Last night has me questioning. No program identity. Same regurgitated garbage (defense, rebounding, toughness, etc) and nothing changes. Has yet to exceed any expectations on any year. Last year's team arguably the most talented roster we've had and mediocre results.

I dont know what the answer is but man this is frustrating. Hilton magic has been murdered.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Last several minutes had Griffin and Conditt on the floor instead of Solo and MJ. GC did NOT play well. Nobody played well. Bolton scored points. Jackson and Grill were horrible.
The entire team played completely uninspired. TL showed as much enthusiasm as anyone.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Coach, your job is on the line. Suck it up and make some hard calls......

This should be the statement JP makes to Prohm today. But is JP there? We all have a breaking point on deciding Prohm's fit (mine was last night) but I'm not sure Jamie is there yet.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
https://www.amestrib.com/sports/201...nd-their-best-ever-decade-with-its-worst-loss

Anyone read Hines article? At the end he's implying that because our decade turned around because of a coach leaving that is the way things turn around for ISU?

I've been a prohm guy. Last night has me questioning. No program identity. Same regurgitated garbage (defense, rebounding, toughness, etc) and nothing changes. Has yet to exceed any expectations on any year. Last year's team arguably the most talented roster we've had and mediocre results.

I dont know what the answer is but man this is frustrating. Hilton magic has been murdered.

Here is the last paragraph from that piece, which I think is pretty well written by Hines.

Maybe the important part for Prohm and these Cyclones is that this loss to Florida A&M isn’t ultimately remembered as the end of something, but just the last thing that happened before the beginning of something better.

Reading between the lines there, maybe he knows something is up behind the scenes that we don't know yet.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Here is the last paragraph from that piece, which I think is pretty well written by Hines.

Maybe the important part for Prohm and these Cyclones is that this loss to Florida A&M isn’t ultimately remembered as the end of something, but just the last thing that happened before the beginning of something better.

Reading between the lines there, maybe he knows something is up behind the scenes that we don't know yet.

Sounds more like the attempt at a positive spin that sportswriters often include at the end of an article. He needs to keep fans interested in order to keep them reading.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
This team does not have the ability to create and pass the ball. All of our success in years past depended on us having at least 3 capable distributors on the floor. Haliburton is the only option.

Lewis, Bolton, Nixon, Jacobsen, and Young as a starting 5 isn’t going to beat anybody

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
Has a single player actually developed and improved under Prohm? Every example I can think of the player was good when they got here on day 1.

Wigginton
Lard
THT
Shayok
Haliburton
Bolton

And some of those you could say did well despite Prohm’s “leadership”. Now let’s look at 4* players that went nowhere here.

Lewis
Griffin
J. Long

I’m having a hard time finding a single example of someone that’s improved during their time here under Prohm.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I don't think it can be overstated how poorly our bigs play. These low major teams usually have some competent guards but bigs always mismatched. Last night was no different. FAMU was rolling a 6'7 guy with man boobs out there and our bigs did nothing.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I don't think it can be overstated how poorly our bigs play. These low major teams usually have some competent guards but bigs always mismatched. Last night was no different. FAMU was rolling a 6'7 guy with man boobs out there and our bigs did nothing.

Everytime the fat guy was on the court we should have been running him off the court.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Has a single player actually developed and improved under Prohm? Every example I can think of the player was good when they got here on day 1.

Wigginton
Lard
THT
Shayok
Haliburton
Bolton

And some of those you could say did well despite Prohm’s “leadership”. Now let’s look at 4* players that went nowhere here.

Lewis
Griffin
J. Long

I’m having a hard time finding a single example of someone that’s improved during their time here under Prohm.

Monte, Matt T and Deonte Burton improved under Prohm.

Help Support Us

Become a patron