Replacement for Ruhle at Baylor?

g4ce

Feb 6, 2018
"Quick thoughts/info on Matt Rhule

1) salary is currently in top 6 in CFB
2) buyout is north of $10 M
3) he likes Baylor and enjoys raising his young family there"

Are Buyouts typically paid if a jump to NFL is made? I suppose it depends on the contract.

Exactly. My guess is that his contract looks a lot like Hoiberg's with very little buyout for a pro level gig.

• Disagree
Reactions: 04clone

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

The critical word is "average". The New York Football Giants as a franchise are above average in every way.

I don't doubt Rhule's current salary but NY can match or do better.

As for raising a family it seems to me a PA guy who has a family would enjoy raising his kids in the NY suburbs and not too far from home.

The wishful thinking may have caught up to reality this time.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Other than the results like his record and Baylor playing ISU's defense better than ISU, I'd say yes, he is, as much as I hate to say it.

Rhule is the exact same high quality of coach as Campbell with a better recruiting area in Texas. Much easier to find high level recruits in your backyard down there, then it is in Iowa.

It also would not surprise anyone that Baylor was paying under the table to bring in some of these recruits in both football and basketball. They also have an administration that is willing to look the other way if rules are being broken, as long as the results on the field or court are high enough.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
In the event Rhule leaves. rumor is Baylor has their sights set on a relatively unknown coach named Bart Riles as his replacement.

rDI4Ugd.jpg

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Rhule is the exact same high quality of coach as Campbell with a better recruiting area in Texas. Much easier to find high level recruits in your backyard down there, then it is in Iowa.

It also would not surprise anyone that Baylor was paying under the table to bring in some of these recruits in both football and basketball. They also have an administration that is willing to look the other way if rules are being broken, as long as the results on the field or court are high enough.

So his team played better than ISU as a result.

Gotcha.

g4ce

Feb 6, 2018
In the event Rhule leaves. rumor is Baylor has their sights set on a relatively unknown coach named Bart Riles as his replacement.

rDI4Ugd.jpg

Sounds like an under the table...I mean under the radar.....coach.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The only difference is he has been shopping for jobs the moment he got it Waco.

Absolutely. It's why Campbell is more believable when he says he likes it here vs. Rhule in Klatt's tweet. At the end of the day we don't know what he and his wife truly think, but he seems to be content in Ames.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

That paragraph descibes every single University Athletic Department in the country.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
That paragraph descibes every single University Athletic Department in the country.

Really!, how many schools would attempt to cover up RAPE by their athletes, not just once, but multiple times? Sexual assault by their football players, and look the other way and try to get the woman to forget about it? How many schools have had a basketball player murder another player?

Waco Texas is one the biggest ******** cities in a state of ******** towns. Take the Metroplex, Austin, San Antonio, and parts of Houston, texas has nothing but a waste land with oil.

As they used to say in the SWC, if you aint cheated, you aint trying.

• Dislike
Reactions: aauummm

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Really!, how many schools would attempt to cover up RAPE by their athletes, not just once, but multiple times? Sexual assault by their football players, and look the other way and try to get the woman to forget about it? How many schools have had a basketball player murder another player?

Waco Texas is one the biggest ******** cities in a state of ******** towns. Take the Metroplex, Austin, San Antonio, and parts of Houston, texas has nothing but a waste land with oil.

As they used to say in the SWC, if you aint cheated, you aint trying.

I'm well aware of Baylor's history. They are an absolutely extreme example. To imply that other schools aren't looking hte other way on payments to recruits and not following everything to the letter of the law is naive at best...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron