Other than the outcome of the game ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
We had a pretty good time in Orlando. Stayed on International Drive, which was a pretty nice venue, easy to walk and do some people watching. The pep rally was great despite the brief rain shower. The Cyclone Unplugged event was a ton of fun, despite the long lines for beer. That convention center complex was really incredible.

The fan fest was a lot of fun before the game, with a great turnout. I even drank some Bush Light, as some friends bought me some and I didn't want to be a **** and say no thanks. My opinion on that stuff hasn't changed. The stadium was just as advertised, in a not so nice part of town, thank you Uber, it was worth the price to get out of there after the game.

As for eats, the fish and chips at the Pub at Pointe Orlando gets my five forks rating. Along with the dinner and ambiance of Maggiano's Little Italy restaurant. Great food and service in a classic setting. Everything except Michael Corleone putting a couple of bullets into the head of Solozzo.

Made a side trip to Cocoa Beach on Sunday. Even found some Cyclones there as well.

P.S. Is there going to be a spring game? If not, I'd propose CF sponsor a tailgate party regardless.

Overall, a great turnout, we'll look forward to next year's destination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Statefan10

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
MjAxMy0zYjg3OGNiNTQzYzhkNmI0.png

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I found a last minute round trip flight out of minneapolis friday evening for $200 returning saturday evening. By the time I found someone to go along it had sold. this wasnt more than an hour after I found the flight. So to the person who beat me to the purchase, I dont know whether to be angry or thank you. Probably a little of both.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
They had this crazy indoor skydiving place where you could strap on a helmet and get inside what was essentially a big air driven blender and fly around with an instructor. All inside a big plexiglass tube so everyone outside could watch. Pretty entertaining, I was hoping to see someone hurl their dinner all over the glass. I offered to pay for a session for my wife but for some reason she declined.