Kitchens is out in Cleveland...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm actually think the timing of this works in Iowa State's favor. Fresh off of a big loss. Just signed an extension. His stock isn't quite as high as it was. I don't think this is the year they look at him

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If I was him or anyone I wouldn't touch that Cleveland job.

A lifelong Browns fan would take that job without regards for their history. They’re pretty crazy and it’s really a no lose situation for a coach at this point. You either fail and you’re just another nameless coach in the pile of failed Browns coaches. But win...at least get to the playoffs...and you’re an instant legend.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If the Panthers don’t hire Rhule, the Browns should at least interview him.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I would be surprised if he went there and I’m not overly worried but the speculation sh*tstorm is going to be next to insufferable.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
A lifelong Browns fan would take that job without regards for their history. They’re pretty crazy and it’s really a no lose situation for a coach at this point. You either fail and you’re just another nameless coach in the pile of failed Browns coaches. But win...at least get to the playoffs...and you’re an instant legend.
And you have 6 months to get the job done in Cleveland or you get replaced.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
And you have 6 months to get the job done in Cleveland or you get replaced.

You'd think leadership would figure out it's difficult to turn around a perpetual bottom feeder in a year, but apparently not.

The Browns have some exciting pieces and could be a good football team, but that will never happen when you turn everything over each year.

I understand why people take the job - there are 5 million of my job in the US, there are 32 NFL coaching jobs. Even the very best can't be *that* picky. But it's going to be a long time until the Browns are any good if they fire people before they've had a chance to renew their lease.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron