Eye Test

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
ISU's size is generally fine. The worst part of our program is the OL and until they improve, we'll never sniff more than 8 wins, let alone hit the 10 win mark.

We lack size with our D backs, but so do most teams.

I think the O line problem has more to do with what we are trying to do on the offensive side of the ball than anything. We not trying to run right at you, like Wisconsin KSU. We are also not pulling a lot of guards down the field. We are asking our lineman to do a lot of different things and they end up not doing any of them really well.

• Agree
Reactions: Stewo

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I usually don't pay much attention to that. Had just sat down with a brew and ND was gathered at the entrance. Kids seemed huge... and not just the line. Out they ran .... whoa... then we were up. I thought to myself we better have a speed advantage or this could be difficult. Now I'm thinking how many more 4 star kids we need along with a few 5s sprinkled in.

Notre Dame gets really good players, likely to the level of Texas/OU/ Michigan but below Clemson Alabama etc. We needed 2 things yesterday, them not wanting to be there and a good start. I was surprised how motivated ND seemed. Could we beat that team? I think so on a really good day with a few breaks but that didn’t happen at all.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Was it just me ... or was the difference in the size of the players for ND coming out of the tunnel to start the game shockingly different than ours. I usually don't pay much attention to that but it caused me to pause and say ... oh crap.

I believe the current PC term for Kelly is "little person" and I think Campbell is about 6'3" so you have to take that into consideration.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
ND is recruiting at a whole different level than ISU and Iowa is at. They had something like 47 4 and 5 star rated players on their roster. ISU has no 5 stars and a handful of 4 stars.

While the star system is not the be all to end all, it does give a good example of the talent that a team has. Its up to the coaches to get that talent to play at a high level.

ISU is forced to take smaller dbacks, to put speed on the field, while kids like Rose has the speed and size that most need, many of our players have to built up and require a few years to get on the field. 4 and 5 star players should be ready to take the field as freshman and contribute.

Thank you.

Do stars matter on a single recruit? No.

Do stars matter as a whole? Most definitely yes.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Thank you.

Do stars matter on a single recruit? No.

Do stars matter as a whole? Most definitely yes.

EFvjPK3U8AEQOOw.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron